25 - Tensions

Jimin pov

I immediately got up and followed Taehyung outside. He was already in the distance so instead of running I shouted out his name. He didn't slow his pace nor did he stop.

So eventually I did end up running after him, I caught up and grabbed his arm.

    'hey I know this is difficult, but can't you see it is way better than us getting into jail?' I spoke.

    'no! this girl is fucking up our team Chim. Can't you see that?'

Taehyung was normally the one that got the group together, and made sure nobody was left out. He was able to create a great atmosphere. Even that time after y/ns best friend died and we considered disbanding as a group he pulled us through. And now he was the one that was done with it and super tense. 

I sighed, I wanted to calm him down a bit.

     'Look you can't blame her for finding you Tae, that's what police officers do. Especially with the motivation she had.'

    'oh yeah? I am not even talking about that. I am talking about the fact that you and Jungkook have been hiding secrets. How could you keep the fact that we killed her best friend hidden? Especially from Jungkook? He is our leader, he is where your loyalty should lie not with this girl.'

I didn't give any response right away so Taehyung continued, upset as he was.

     'He even hit you. I mean it's Jungkook, he is smart and our leader but he is still a softy. This girl shows up and you both changed.'

I sighed again, he did have a point and I was aware of that.

Flashback

It became harder and harder to be in the police station every day. Especially now that it became abundantly clear that y/n and Jungkook were growing closer and closer. I saw how her gaze, that used to be on me, shifted to Jungkook. 

She glared at him when he wasn't aware. and when he would talk to her I saw she was all giggly and flustered. Perhaps the thing that hurt the most was to see her actually happy.

It was contradicting because I loved her and wanted her happy but seeing another person giving her that happiness made it painful. She wasn't that way with me.

I wanted to ask Jungkook whether something happened, I knew they had their welcome back Jungkook dinner last Friday so perhaps something happened and that's why y/n was so nervous and different today.

Yet I didn't want to ask him because it means I'd actually have to admit that I shared something with her and I wanted to keep that private. 

Suddenly I met Jungkook in the hallway. There was nobody around and I didn't know what was coming over me but I needed to talk to him right now.

   'When can I quit?'

    'What are you talking about?' Jungkook whispered back

     'The police, I can't do it anymore. I don't serve a purpose here anymore. Let me quit'

    'sst what has gotten into you, we don't talk about that here'

    'I just don't want it anymore' I said agitated

Jungkook narrowed his eyes

     'is this about y/n?'

I opened my mouth but then paused

    'Did something between you twohappen?' Jungkook added 

I was really at a point of telling him, but then I'd also have to talk about the best friend. considering I was so distant from her. 

I couldn't do that. plus I will admit I was jealous. y/n's interest in Jungkook but also the way he changed her into a happy person made me want to keep this to myself, the thing that only I shared with her.

I shook my head 'no its not that, it's just that I don't have anything to do here except for pretending that I am some cop.'

Jungkook looked into my eyes severely but eventually shook his head

    'It's not the time yet Jimin. We don't want anyone to be suspicious of you so stay till the end of the year. Don't talk to me in the police station anymore.'

That seemed to be the end of the conversation because without any other word Jungkook left. 

Present Time

     'I admit that I was wrong. I was scared that you guys might do something to her if you found out, and later on I saw Jungkook and her growing towards each other and I was jealous. I wanted to keep this thing between her and me.'

    'Why didn't you tell me you were falling for her in the first place chim? We used to tell each other everything?'

I shrugged.

I didn't know.

No, perhaps I did. perhaps I was scared of the judgements , and the even for being removed from the anti-robbery squad as a possible liability. 

    'I just.. had my reasons. I don't know tae, I'm sorry' I eventually explained

Another silence.

    'We didn't hear the plan yet so I think we should head back.' I indicated and Taehyung nodded, but it was clear he wasn't pleased, not with the situation nor with my justification.

As we were walking back I saw Tae was still tense and bothered

     'You're alright?' I asked as a confirmation

     'yes, but don't expect me to like her.'

     'I won't tae.' 

y/n
pov

Jimin and the guy named Taehyung were away for some time now. I awkwardly sat in the room with Hoseok and Jungkook.

I wanted to ask Jungkook whether he thinks that the tae guy would agree. or that our proposition wouldn't work. Just questions about the entire thing in general. but I didn't want to do to with that hoseok guy present.

     'hey y/n, I know this comes way too late but uhm I am sorry about your friend and also about kidnapping you.' Hoseok suddenly spoke.

It was so random and I didn't entirely know what to respond.

Thank you?

I mean it was a bit much. Instead I silently nodded. I did wonder why he was part of the gang. I mean Jimin and Jungkook was clear by now. 

Taehyung I wasn't too sure about but in my eyes he seemed to be the most violent one for some reason, perhaps its just because he always looked at me as if he wanted to strangle me.

     'Can I ask you why you are part of this gang?' I asked Hoseok.   

        'Adrenaline' he answered without hesitation and with a smile.

I looked at him baffled

    'What?' I asked

     'Its the thrill it gives. and the whole game. Jungkook is one of the few leaders that really focuses on zero casualties, and I am not a supporter of violence in any way, just the thrill.'

    'Can't you go bungee jumping? or I don't know anything else that gives people adrenaline or a thrill?'

     'Don't you think I haven't tried everything?' Hoseok answered

He shrugged 'this is the thing, plus I have made good friends in the team.'

Jungkook smiled at him and Hoseok also gave a big smile.

Then the door opened and both Taehyung and Jimin returned.