Chapter Nineteen: Choked at Home

Start from the beginning

"Nobody forced you to be dragged," Raviel pointed out, sensing an ominous feeling. He didn't like the dark shadows cast around her face; the threatening glint that had invaded her eyes.

"The point is that you all forgot me," Izira snarled, keeping her back to them.

"I don't see the big point in it," Uria spoke. "Why cause all this drama over it?"

Raviel felt it before he saw it; a wave of energy that suddenly made the room near impossible to breathe in, if one breathed, and made it impossible for him not to tremble. Izira whirled around, looming suddenly bigger than she looked.

"It matters when you've spent three-thousand years being ignored, you piece of trash! Three-thousand years of oblivion! You know nothing about me, you snot-nosed fat brat! Think you're so much better than me, do you?! I have nothing in common with you! I am the better one, the more powerful one, the one who deserves to actually be remembered! But guess what; I don't remember jack shit about myself, yet you do! I have to play footsy with the goddamn world to find out who I was! You think you know scary? You think you're scary? Trust me, bitch, when I'm through with you, you'll want nightmares to be your comfort dreams!"

The air whipped harshly around them, swirling aggressively about them. She stood condescendingly tall, prominent, her features snarled into a mask of hatred that made the others cringe back in shock. Raviel was scared, genuinely scared. He'd faced Izira without fear in the alley, when she'd been cunning and terrifying. But that didn't even hold a candle to this. He could feel her anger, her wrath, unending bloodlust and years of torture and agony burning like brilliant fire.

Uria burst into tears, Hamon standing comfortingly beside her. His red eyes narrowed angrily at Izira.

"Uncalled for!" he snorted. "Uria's much better than you!"

The room became suffocatingly hot. Izira practically filled the room, the corner she occupied stuffed with dark, clambering shadows. Her eyes were a dark, luminous red now; she grinned almost maniacally as she looked at her hands. Her translucent skin began to take on an ash-gray tinge on her arms and legs, like she'd dipped them in a pile of soot. The gray began to darken to a black on the edges as she looked back up at them. Her pupils were miniscule, almost gone. Her hair whipped in a hot wind frenzy around her head, the blue seeming to glow with dark light. Her crescent of a smile made Raviel's non-existant stomach do backflips.

"Is she really?" Izira spoke, her tone booming and yet sounding as normal as ever. Judging by the traumitized looks on everyone's faces, they hadn't been the only ones to hear that. "Let me tell you all something great; something really, really great about being an entity of odium. When you're as old as I am, when you're as batshit insane as I am, eh hehe, you just - you just tend to overflow with hatred at the worst times. Ya know? No, you don't know, I'm so stupid; how could I forget? You know nothing."

"Jesus oh god get them off!" Shizira was crying, trying to take the earrings away but yanking her hands back as soon as the skin brushed them. Her ears were starting to burn red. "They're super freaking hot! Why are they so hot? They've never done this!"

"Do you smell something?" Izira quipped as the scent of something horrid filled the air. She let out a maniacal giggle, flaunting a creepy iridescent smile with sharpened canines looking fit to kill. "Smells like burnt flesh to me~ Ah, memories. What was I saying? Oh, right, the greatness of being me. Yes, unfortunate, really, but when you're a damned soul burning up with animosity and you just have absolutely no-where to put it!... Things tend to get a little out of control, ehehe. And wouldn't you believe it, Urass, ding-ding! You've won the prize~ I want to kill you."