Chapter 66: Only for Her

TOM RIDDLE-

I was sitting in the library when I got an overwhelming sense of danger that I couldn't explain. All I knew was I had to get to the forest beside the Black Lake.

Without hesitation I sprinted from the castle and down through the forest till I saw her appear crumpling against a tree.

I dove down beside her to make sure she was okay when I noticed the time-turner clutched in her fingers.

"What did you do?"

"I just wanted to see if it was all worth it." She cried between sobs. Her body shaking with anxiety.

"You can't do that. All time-lines are subject to change so whatever you saw isn't guaranteed and speaking about it in this time could cause major consequences like black holes or-"

"Tom please! I can't keep this to myself!"

"Sorry darling. But you don't have a choice."

——————-

Y/N-

How was I supposed to continue knowing what I know??

He said it's subject to change?

How?

How do I prevent that?

Please someone, anyone, tell me how to make sure that that doesn't happen.

It felt like I was in a room with the walls concaving in on me. He pulled me up against him.

"Shhhhhh...." He ran his fingers through my hair and rested his chin on my head. "Whatever you saw you must put it behind you. We can fix it. Okay? I promise. I promise I'll fix it darling."

"Okay."

I believe him.

If anyone can prevent it, Tom can.

——————

TOM RIDDLE-

We stayed there for hours till I finally felt her breathing calm and her panic attack subside.

I lifted her to her feet.

"Thank you Tom." Her words came out in a soft whisper.

"Always darling. No matter what I will be here for you. I promise."

She gave me a half-smile.

Then did the last thing I expected. Her hand wrapped around the back of my neck and she pulled herself to her tippy toes and my lips against hers.

Her fingers ran through my hair and I smiled into the kiss.

What did I do to deserve her?

I don't deserve her.

My angel.

I would protect her with my everything. I'd give her the heart out of my chest if she needed it.

She pulled away and I moved the hair out of her face and kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you y/n Black."

I know she knows this already, but for once I wanted to say it on my terms.

Not out of anger or because of a stupid game.

My terms. Purely out of a moment when I'm looking down at her beauty and feel the overwhelming sense of home.

And as I look down at her right now I knew it had to be said. Even if she doesn't feel the same way.