Chapter 62: Time-Turner

A/N-

I posted a combination trailer for this chapter and the next on my TikTok like promised!!!

———————

Y/N-

"You want to mess with time??" I said jerking to look up at him concerned.

Then again.

It made sense.

We could make the potion over a month and be back with it in done in ten minutes.

As long as we weren't seen by our past selves or caught stealing it from Dumbledore then I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

He looked down at me and smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "I'll get it."

He walked by the Great Hall and I could smell the waffles and cinnamon rolls. "On second thought, instead of going to bed-"

"You want food."

He smiled down at me in his arms and I nodded causing him to laugh shaking his head.

He turned and headed into the hall, refusing to let me down till we were at the Slytherin table which earned stares from a lot of curious people.

Fred and George amongst them.

I waved at them, half expecting them to ignore me, but they waved back with half-hearted smiles.

I don't know why, but being with Tom in front of Fred made me feel guilty. Fred deserved better than me. He deserved better than the future that has already been laid out in front of me.

Deserves more than the constant fighting and loss. More than the pain and the suffering when you sacrifice a battle to win the war.

But still.... Looking at the sadness in his eyes that didn't use to be there broke me a little every time I saw it.

I turned to Tom and watched him pile cinnamon rolls on top of a waffle. I reached out to grab it but he slapped my hand away. Then pushed me a plate of strawberries. "Eat that first."

"What? No."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I am teaching you how to fight today-"

"No."

"No?"

"Just teach me in the month that we will spend in the past making the potion."

He paused for a second contemplating before agreeing. I reached for the plate of sugary breakfast items and he moved it away again.

I groaned.

"Technically that means we will still start today and I don't need you puking cause you only have sugar in your system."

"I'm not going to-"

He pushed the plate of strawberries closer.

"Ugh fine!" I hastily grabbed a strawberry and started eating them.

Those were the best strawberries I have ever had.

But I would never tell him that.

I acted like I was frustrated and cleaned the plate. He passed me the sugar overload and I ate every bite. If Tom is going to be acting like my personal trainer for the next month I need to bulk up.

As I finished the last bite I turned to face him and he was smiling and eating an omelet.

"I'm going to go steal from our Headmaster now." I whispered with a small laugh and headed out of the hall.