Chapter 46: The Day of The Ball

Y/N-

I turned and walked out of the room, knowing they'd follow me. I walked straight to his dorm and burst through the door.

Blake sat there sitting up on his bed wearing a smirk. "Hey there sweetheart. May I help you?"

I wanted to be sure before I set the Riddles on him.

"Legillimens,"

I focused on the event and there it was. I saw him smirking down at me as he held me against my will. I dropped the spell and held out my hand at him.

"Crucio,"

I felt the curse extend from my hand as I still hadn't grabbed my wand from my room and it connected to him. The Riddles stood behind me wearing a smirk. Theo shut the door and Tom cast a silencing spell as Blake's screams echoed through the room.

Tom reached out and put his hand on top of mine after a minute causing me to drop the curse. I looked at him. Why did he stop me?!

"You're going to kill him." He said meeting the expression on my face.

I turned back to Blake who'd fallen off the bed and was crying out in pain. "I warned him. The next time he lays a finger on a girl without permission that I'd make sure they never found his body."

I flicked my eyes to Tom, "I wasn't bluffing."

"I know, but you don't know the toll that taking a life has on you." Tom said meeting my gaze.

"And you do?" He gave me a look. Stupid. That was such a dumbass thing to say. "I-"

"Shhh" Theo said as he stepped in front of me. "Go to bed. We'll take care of him."

His tone was terrifying. Emotionless.

"I can take-"

Theo jerked his head to me, "that wasn't optional."

So what he's demanding things now?! Fine.

I turned and headed out of his dorm and into mine, slamming the door behind me.

"Wooooaaaaahhh what's got your wand in a knot," Blaise sat up in his bed high as a kite.

He saw the look on my face and tried to stand up, stumbling over to me. He cupped my face in his hands. "I'm sorry. What's wrong?"

I couldn't help but smiled at Blaise's failed attempt at looking sober.

"Let's get you to bed," I said as I walked him back to his bed.

"What did the sons of b!tches do now?" He paused thinking about what he said and started dying of laughter. "I didn't even mean to do that! Get it?! Sons of b!tches?! Cause their-"

"I get it." I said laughing with him.

He climbed in under the covers and scooted to the far side, patting the bed beside him. I sat down on the edge and he grabbed my waist pulling me down so I was laying with my back pressed against him.

He reached up and played with my hair. He knew that was the quickest way to calm me down.

I felt myself drifting off and his arm wrapped around my body and we fell asleep.

——————

I woke up the next morning still pressed against Blaise. He was like the older brother I never had. Always there to protect me, even if he had no idea what to do or any power to stop it.

He would try.

And it meant the world to me.

My eyes fluttered open to see a sleeping Theo on my bed. His arm slung over the side with his knuckles bloody.