Chapter 38: Come and Get it

Y/N-

"Come and Get it By Selena Gomez" she said smiling at me.

"Oh my god. Ginny I can't," I said laughing at looking at the hundred or so people in the common room.

"Here. For confidence." She handed me a bottle of vodka.

I downed like four shots worth, "alright f*ck it. I hope you know I'd only do this for you."

She smiled from ear to ear, "YAY."

And ran to put our names on the list.

I walked back into the room and lifted the vodka to my lips again, but it was snatched out of my hand.

Theo held it out of my reach. "Have you lost your mind? Straight vodka?"

I tried to grab it to no avail. "It's for confidence." I nodded at the stage and he grinned.

"You're going to sing?!" He said laughing.

"Yep."

"Fine, one more." He said handing me back the bottle.

I took another shot and our names were called to head to the stage. I hit my head on his chest and groaned, before pulling away and looked up at him. "Do you have any popcorn on you? I feel like I need popcorn for this!" He said mocking me.

"I don't know how I let her convince me to do this," I muttered under my breath as I walked towards the stage.

When I was a couple hundred feet away I pulled the potion from my bag and downed it. Now all I have to do is get the words right.

We devised a plan to tell who would sing each part and climbed on stage. I looked out at all the people staring at us. Holy Sh!t.

Well no turning back now, so might as well be confident about it.

The music started. F*ck here we go.

Ginny and I both started....
"When you're ready come and get it
Na-na-na-na (x3)
When you're ready come and get it
Na-na-na-na (x3)
When you're ready
When you're ready
When you're ready come and get it
Na-na-na-na (x3)"

"You ain't gotta worry, it's an open invitation
I'll be sittin' right here, real patient
All day, all night, I'll be waitin' standby" I started my eyes scanning the room at all the people looking at me. The potion was working, I sounded great.

"Can't stop because I love it, hate the way I love you
All day, all night, maybe I'm addicted for life, no lie" Ginny continued.

"I'm not too shy to show I love you, I got no regrets
I love you much, too much to hide you, this love ain't finished yet." I sang, my eyes locking with Theo's. "No this love ain't finished yet."

"So baby, whenever you're ready," she sang.

"When you're ready come and get it.
Na-na-na-na (x3)
When you're ready come and get it
Na-na-na-na (x3)
When you're ready
When you're ready
When you're ready come and get it
Na-na-na-na (x3)" We sang together.

"You got the kind of love that I want, let me get that (let me get that, yeah)
And baby, once I get it, I'm yours, no take-backs
Gon' love you for life, I ain't leaving your side
Even if you knock it, ain't no way to stop it
Forever you're mine, baby I'm addicted, no lie, no lie" Ginny sang.

"I'm not too shy to show I love you, I got no regrets
So baby, whenever you're ready," I sang keeping my eyes locked with Theo. He looked like he understood based off the smile that draped over his face. People were looking back and forth between us.

"When you're ready come and get it.
Na-na-na-na (x3)
When you're ready come and get it
Na-na-na-na (x3)
When you're ready
When you're ready
When you're ready come and get it
Na-na-na-na (x3)" We sang together.

"This love will be the death of me
But I know I'll die happily
I'll know, I'll know, I'll know
Because you love me so," I sang and winked at Theo.

When you're ready come and get it.
Na-na-na-na (x3)
When you're ready come and get it
Na-na-na-na (x3)
When you're ready
When you're ready
When you're ready come and get it
Na-na-na-na (x3)
When you're ready
When you're ready
When you're ready come and get it
Na-na-na-na (x3)"

We finished and immediately Theo and Dean apparated to the stage. Dean pulled Ginny into a kiss in front of everyone.

Theo looked down at me smiling, "you sure?"

I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him into a passionate kiss. Cheers rang out across the room for Ginny and I.

I looked out at everyone. Blaise was screaming at the top of his lungs in excitement and jumping up and down.

I saw Tom storming out the door. I hated the small part of me that wanted to run after him.

Fred and George looked at me with worry. Harry looked pissed.

I'm sure I'll get an owl from my father tomorrow. Whoops. Sorry not Sorry.

I turned back to Theo, his eyes never left me. He smiled and leaned down lifting my chin with his finger and kissed me again. "This." He said.

I gave him a confused look. "This is the moment I would freeze forever."

I felt myself blush and looked away from him, but he turned my head back to him.

"I don't know what happened today that made this possible, but I'm grateful for it."

Was I going to tell him that Dumbledore thinks I'm safer with him? Or that the deal was off?

Maybe tomorrow.

For the moment I just wanted to exist with him.

No thoughts.

No deals.

No Tom.

Just him.

————————

A/N- I know this chapter was short and pretty much just the song so I'll post another one!! Sorry if you don't like my taste in music lmao but it fit so perfectly with the scenario 😂

Don't forget to vote!!

~1034 words