Chapter 83: Hiding in Plain Sight

Y/N BLACK-

Instantly I threw a force at the few holding the twins that sent them across the forest clearing.

I apparated and landed in front of them, holding a forcefield dome around us I backed between them and they readied their wands.

"No. Run inside. In the cabinet in the bottom left corner by the oven in the kitchen theirs a coffee cup with the words, 'just in case,' written on it. Grab it at the same time, it's a port key."

"We aren't leaving you." Fred said sternly.

"Yes you are. I can take them."

"You can't take on fifth death eaters on your own."

I shot him a glare, "you have no idea what I'm capable of. Go."

And he nodded.

They ran inside and I heard them shuffle around and the sound of them leaving.

They would be safe at the burrow.

I dropped the forcefield and walked into the center of them as they circled around me.

"On your knees with your hands above your head." A tall hooded death eater hissed at me.

"Obviously you don't know who I am." I said with a smirk. They readied their wands and I looked around. "Walk away now and maybe I won't kill you." I said coldly.

I meant these words.

I watched a couple in the back apparate away.

"By means of the Dark Lord, you have been sentenced to death Y/n Black." The same death eater spoke.

And they all fired, I threw up a forcefield but not before taking a cruciatis curse to the right shoulder. But I didn't even flinch.

And I laughed. A laugh so cold I could see the shiver it sent down their spines. "I warned you." And I rose up into the air.

Energy flowing from the earth and the heavens, from my opponents and their souls. And I bottled all of it into a ball, and exploded it out with everything I had inside of me.

Their bodies hit the floor or trees hundreds of feet from where they originally stood. Everything was killed within a hundred mile radius. Grass to ashes and trees uprooted.

I fell from the air and stumbled. For the first time I didn't feel powerful.

Or magical at all.

The world started to blur and I looked around at the corpses that coated the forest like a blanket.

And I felt arms wrapped around me from behind as I collapsed and everything went black.

——————————

TOM RIDDLE-

We landed back at the Riddle Manor when I felt a pain in my chest and an overwhelming sense of fear.

I blinked and opened my eyes to deatheaters. I saw Fred and George and heard a snap that echoed like a signal for death.

And with another blink I was staring at Theo.

He looked at me with concern.

"What was that?"

"You saw it too??"

"Saw what?? You just went still. Incredibly still, as if you were nothing but an empty shell."

And then I felt a pain in my shoulder I reached up, but something told me not to flinch. Then I began lifting into the air.