Chapter 65: A Glimpse

Y/N-

He kissed me.

And I felt an overwhelming feeling of safety.

Home.

His hands made their way up my back sending electric waves through my body at the simple touch.

We inched backwards till the back my legs came into contact with my bed behind me.

He pulled away.

"No."

I gave him a confused look.

It was obvious how much both of us wanted it.

"I rushed into it last time. I'm not going to make that mistake again." He smiled and lifted my chin to look him in the eye, "darling I've been given the gift of a second chance. It won't be anything shy of perfect."

And he took a step backwards.

I didn't know what to do, say, or think.

He took the chain of the necklace and wrapped it around the both of us. He spun the dial, and our bodies pressed against each other as we were teleported a week into the future, three weeks from present time.

I watched as he removed the potion, added what was needed and hid it back under the floor.

His arms wrapped around me again. Another spin. Another week.

We repeated till the potion was complete, we were two days in the past.

He smiled up at me as he bottled the finished potion.

A month in one hour.

A world of emotions in one kiss.

We stood up and hid in the bathroom, before transporting the final time. We watched ourselves fade out from the present time and walked into the room.

"We did it!" I said turning to smile at him. "And you said it was impossible."

"I forgot that nothing is impossible when it comes to you."

I smiled, he leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead.

"I'll be back. I'm going to go rub it in Mattheo's face that we figured it out."

He turned and vanished through the bedroom door.

I looked down at the time-turner still hanging loosely in between my fingers.

The danger and power it possesses.

Forcing myself to look away, my mind raced.

It's amazing how such a small dainty item can cause so much fear.

Or hope.

This war is going to be won by the side with more motivation and something worth fighting for.

I have a lot to fight for.

But that also means I have a lot to lose.

A glimpse

That's all I want.

A sneak peek of proof that all of this fighting, prophecy's, and drama will be worth it.

Again, I looked down at the small necklace containing the power to grant me my wish.

What could it hurt?

No one would ever know.....

I wrapped the chain around my head and spun the dial.

Lights flashed and the room spun. The background morphed and manipulated and I landed standing behind a podium in the courtyard.