Chapter 47: The Yule Ball

Y/N-

We walked into the dance and it was beautiful.

The decorations in the hall were indescribable.

We watched the champions enter and do the first dance. Cedric locked eyes with me and smiled, but his eyes looked sad. Was he mad at me for rejecting him?

He turned back to his date and they danced.

I turned to Theo and he smiled, gripping my hand.

He pulled me backwards onto the dance floor. My body pressed against his, so close that we shared the same air.

Our hearts beat in sync as one hand wrapped around his back and the other held his arm to the side. His arm rested on my lower back and we danced.

Slow movements at first, like that night at the party. Then he started to move faster. I followed his lead as we moved across the floor like we owned it.

He looked down at me and smiled, "you ready?"

I smiled back, "for what?"

His hand moved to my waist and he gave a slight push and stepped back, I extended before being spun back in by his other and dipped towards the floor.

He smirked as he leaned over me and pulled me back to my feet.

"Mattheo Riddle! You never told me you could dance like that." The words left my lips as I smiled up at him.

"There's a lot of things I haven't told you," he moved a strand of hair behind my ear. "But I look forward to doing so."

"You're just full of surprises huh?" A smirk played on my lips.

He smirked and went to say something before meeting eyes with someone behind me.

I glanced behind me and Tom stood there on the edge of the dance floor looking down and fiddling with his rings. "I've been made aware you owe him a dance?"

"Yeah how-"

"He told me before we came. His attempt at being trustworthy I guess."

"If you don't want me too-"

He let out a small laugh. "I'll go get us some drinks and I'll meet you at the table over there when you are done."

I smiled up at him, "you sure?"

He leaned down and kissed me while trailing his fingers across my hip where the scar in the shape of his initials lay. Butterflies exploded in my stomach as he ran his thumb back and forth across it.

He kissed up my jaw and to my ear, "you and I both know who you belong too." He leaned back and stepped past me.

I watch him whisper something to Tom before heading to get drinks.

———————

TOM RIDDLE-

Mattheo and I used to dance at the balls at Malfoy Manner and at Riddle Manor growing up.

I was always horrible at dancing and would watch from a distance while Theo moved with grace and dignity.

He would find different girls at each event, where I sat back and observed. If a girl was worthy of my attention it was because she came to me.

I would never try and dance with someone.

Just not.... In my wheelhouse.

Mattheo swept her around the dance floor, the look of shock and excitement grew on her face.