Chapter 39: Dancing and Death Eater's

Y/N-

We headed down to the dance floor and danced for hours. His hands gripped my waist like he was afraid to let go.

I knew people were watching, but it still felt like we were the only two in the room. I gazed into his big brown eyes and smiled. It was perfect.

Fred walked up to me and tapped me on my shoulder. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"No." Theo said and I put my hand on his chest and shot him a glare.

"Yes of course." I said to Fred. I tried to follow him out, but Theo gripped my wrist. "Theo it's just Fred."

He rolled his eyes and let go. I caught up with Fred and he pulled me into his empty dorm. He turned to look at me and he looked angry, but his eyes told a different story.

"How long has this been going on?!"

"What-"

"You and Theo?! How long?!"

"Fred. I-"

"I can't believe you! More lies and more secrets!" He ran his fingers through his hair. "Of f*cking course." He muttered under his breath.

"Fred you need to calm down. I can explain."

"Explain?" He let out a laugh that almost sounded evil. "Please explain to me why you have chosen the Dark Lord's son. Hmm?"

The harshness in his tone made me falter. I'd never seen him this upset. I tried to talk but words failed me. I didn't want to upset him more and any explanation would do just that, "I... I-"

"What a brilliant explanation y/n. Thank you for enlightening me!" He shouted pacing back and forth.

"I get your worried about me and I appreciate it, but it's unnecessary. I can take care of myself Fred."

"Take care of yourself?" He let out another laugh. "He's only treating you like this because of that stupid prophecy!"

"How do you know about-"

"I went to meet up with you on the roof the night you talked with your dad. That used to be our spot remember."

"And THATS why he treats you so well. Because they want something from you!"

"At least he treats me like I'm somebody"

"But would he love you if you were nobody?!"

"Nobody loved me when I was nobody!!"

"I did!!!"

A deafening silence rang through the room as he stepped closer to me.

"Before the prophecy. And before the fame. Before the lies." He paused "To me you were somebody y/n. Now your nothing, but a fake, a sham, a con. You're a joke."

I didn't know what to say. I reached up and slapped him across the face. "Guess I learned from the best." I motioned at him.

"You're playing right into their hands."

I turned and walked to the door. My hand was on the knob when he said. "I'm done picking up the pieces y/n."

I stopped. "The next time he breaks your heart. And there will be a next time. I'm not going to be here to catch you when you fall."

I turned to face him. "So much for us against the world'"

I looked down at my necklace and wanted so badly to chuck it at his head again. But I promised I wouldn't take it off. A part of me felt guilty for breaking his heart.