Chapter 11: A Duel To Remember

TOM RIDDLE-

Best plan ever. She gave in quicker than I could've hoped for. She was perfect. And she would be mine.

——————

Y/N-

I walked out of there completely composed, trying not to show that anything had just happened.

"Are you okay?" Blaise whispered in my ear, making sure he didn't need to beat him up for me. I smiled at him. "I'm fine. I promise."

Everyone sat back down at the couch. I wasn't going to miss my turn. I spun the bottle and it landed on Tom. Perfect. I looked at him daring him to pick truth and let me get in his head.

"Dare." As expected.

"I dare you to make out with Malfoy." They both looked at me in horror.

"No f*cking way!" Draco spat.

Tom looked at me in hatred. "Oh come on Darling. You chose to play the game. Now you must pay the consequences." I said mocking his tone.

Tom looked at Draco and he got up and ran. Literally sprinted out of the common room. Everyone erupted in laughter.

"Well I guess the games over then." Blaise said as he packed the bottle away.

I exchanged looks with each Riddle. The games were far from over.

Everyone went to bed. Blaise bugged me for hours about what happened in my seven minutes from hell, but I spared him no details.

I drifted off to sleep. Or I tried too. When my eyes closed I saw a flash of green light then flames. I felt a hand grab me and then everything went dark. I woke up sweating.

I looked over at Blaise who was sitting up in bed too. He looked at me with concern. I'd had nightmares often, but usually I made sure everyone else was asleep before I'd try. The only thing that numbed the dreams was alcohol, part of why I loved to party so much.

When I steadied my breathing, I tried to find the words to explain myself, but before I knew it he was climbing into my bed with me. "shhhhh don't worry about it." He pulled me against his chest and placed his chin on my head, playing with my hair.

"I-"

"You don't have to say anything. Just try to go back to sleep. Whatever it is, I'll be here. I'll protect you. That's what best friends are for," he smiled down at me.

Small tears welled in my eyes as I hugged him and fell back asleep. He made me feel..... safe. Something I didn't feel with anyone besides the twins.

When we woke up the next morning he didn't ask me about it or anything which I appreciated. He just teased and joked with me like normal.

After potions, charms, transfigurations, and lunch it was time to meet with Cedric. We met in the room designated for dueling club. It was vacant as usual.

I taught him to hone his focus when casting spells. The wand was not the source of magic, he was. The wand is simply an extension of the body meant to amplify the magic inside.

"I've never thought of it like that. It makes so much sense."

"After you have mastered this concept, you can begin to perform wandless magic." I held out my hand and muttered "lumos." A ball of light appeared floating above my hand. I did the same with my wand. Both worked, but with the wand you could see how it was a little stronger and easier to sustain.

"Wow. I've never seen someone do that."

"Let's just say it comes in handy."

I taught him a multitude of new spells and he taught me basic self defense maneuvers. He taught me how to get out of a choke hold. A move I had requested. And how sense a physical attack from behind.