Chapter 93: Torn Between Two Riddles

THEO PADFOOT RIDDLE-

My mother had always talked about how gorgeous the view was from the astronomy tower, so I decided to pay it a visit.

I finally got to the top and sat down on the edge staring out at the beautiful grounds coated in a blanket of stars.

Wow.

Suddenly I felt a cold presence behind me. A ghostly figure walked up and sat down next to me. He looked... familiar?

A long scar covered one side of his face and he wore a big smile. "Your mother used to love sitting up here." The ghost said looking out at the grounds.

"You knew my mom?" I asked turning to look at him.

"Your mother was the love of my life." He turned and smiled. "The names Theo," he winked at me.

My heart stopped. The Theo?

"Are.... Are you?"

"Yes"

I tried to hug him, but my arms went straight through him. Tears began streaming down my face. I don't know if they were happy or sad, but I couldn't stop them. "Mom never told me that you were-"

"She doesn't know."

"What why?"

"Because she would have never left. And she deserved to live a life outside of this castle."

"I'm sorry." I said looking at him.

"What are you apologizing for?" He let out a small laugh.

"You've been alone all this time-"

"No I haven't. You know the ghost of Gryffindor tower?"

"Fred?"

"Yeah." He looked lost in thought for a second. "We go way back." Silence rang for a minute. "This castle is full of people that loved your mother. She was our savior. My angel."

We stayed there in silence for like an hour. Sharing glances. It was one of the best hours of my life. He broke the silence.

"I'm proud of who you've become. I know I'm not your father. I mean I am, but Tom's the one that's been there and my opinion doesn't really mean anything..... but I am."

I smiled at him, "it means the world."

He looked away to hide a tear that streamed down his face. "You should probably get to bed. Your mother would kill me if I got you in trouble on your first day."

"She's actually going to be here tomorrow."

His head jerked to me, "what?"

"Yeah she's coming to train the new person running the hospital wing."

His mind looked like it was racing.

"I won't tell her that you are here if you don't want me too."

"You should go to bed." He got up and disappeared through the wall.

—————-

Y/N RIDDLE-

I walked through the halls of the school with Tom, drowning in the memories that flooded my mind.

The people I had lost inside these walls.

The ones who gave their life for mine.

Where I had found out I was pregnant with Theo. Now I have a daughter and we are a family, walking the halls of what felt like another lifetime.

Theo rounded the corner, wearing his robes and the biggest smile ever. He ran up to us and I knelt down to pull him in a hug.

"How was your first day sweetie?" I asked.

"Oh it was the best day ever! I miss y'all though!"

Tom knelt down and fixed his neon yellow tie.

"I'm sorry dad. I know you wanted me to be in Slytherin like-"

Tom placed his hand on Theo's shoulder and smiled at him, "I couldn't be more proud."

Suddenly a figure emerged from the wall and stood in front of us.

My hand flew to my face to hide the gasp that left my lips. I slowly stood up, the tears already falling.

I felt myself going weak. Tom steadied me so I wouldn't fall. His eyes locked on his brother in shock.

"Hello love."

This couldn't be real. Was I dreaming?

He put his hands in his pockets and stood there smirking at the shock on my face.

"Why? Why not tell me? I would have-"

"I know. That's why I didn't."

"I'm so sorry brother," Tom tried.

"Don't apologize. Thank you for taking care of her when I couldn't."

Tears began falling from Tom's eyes. "It should have been me Theo."

Theo looked down at our child whose eyes darted between us. "I have no regrets. I wouldn't change a thing." Theo said.

"Y'all have been happy. A family. You raised our child to care and protect others. And now y'all get to go home. A home away from here and live happily ever after. That's all I ever wanted for you love. Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on Theo." He paused.

"I like the name by the way." He smiled and winked.

Tom and I let out a small laugh. Still in shock.

"I'll love you forever y/n Riddle."  He smiled looking at the rings on mine and Tom's fingers. Then he backed into the wall and disappeared.

Seeing him in that second filled a void in my heart I didn't know still existed.

This was just proof that my heart will forever be....

Torn Between Two Riddles.

————————————

A/N- going to be on its own page....

~867 words