In the woods somewhere

Amelia took my wrist gently, "We should go out to the trails and help with the hikers." She says before already pulling me along with her to the outdoors. Once we found a good spot to stand at as all the different people waved politely before continuing up the path, I glanced over to Amelia who couldn't help but keep her head from looking all around every five seconds. Either she was looking for somebody, perhaps Jack, or she was very obsessed with nature. To be honest, it was quite hard to tell which one. Olivia suddenly came rushing up to us as her once pale ivory skin tone was now reddened by the bright sun.
"I may have made a mistake." Olivia winces as she lifts the sunglasses from her face, resting them on the top of her head and revealing her sunburnt face.
Amelia sighs, "I have stuff at my shack area, you can go in there and get it." Olivia thanks her before rushing over towards the direction of the shack. Hours go by without either one of us being able to take a break and talk as for the woods were packed the whole day, people after people coming up to Amelia and I either asking about our day, or asking for directions and advice for their hike.

Once the day was finally coming to an end, my phone started to ring. My phone read Sawyer. Before answering, I looked around to make sure I was alone in the shack. Once I knew, I answered.
"Alana, you didn't answer my text from hours ago and I was starting to become really worried." Sawyer rambled before I had the chance to speak.
"Sawyer, I'm fine. Stop worrying so much." I replied with a heavy sigh as I lift my hand, running it back through my hair.
"Well, you're a close friend of mine so I'm going to worry. You haven't seen anything there have you?" He questioned.
"Like what?" I laughed.
"You know, the creatures." He replied. Before I could answer him, a squeal was heard from outside in the woods. Keeping Sawyer on the phone, I rushed to the location of the scream and see Olivia, Amelia and the guy from the cafe all standing together and laughing.
"What happened?" I asked the group with worry.
"Jack here, was just being a dork." Amelia smiled back at the fluffy haired boy for a moment. I smiled back, realizing that this was one of the first times I had seen her genuinely seem happy. Though, I quickly stopped when I realized Sawyer, still on the line and freaking out.
"Oh, sorry! It was just my coworkers." I apologized to Sawyer.
"Oh, okay. Well, please just stay safe, okay?"
"Yeah yeah, I'll talk to you later." I laughed before hanging up. Olivia and Amelia both smirked at each other being bursting out laughing.
"What's so funny?" I raised my eyebrow at the two of them.
Olivia then straightened herself out before finally replying, "That your boyfriend on the phone?" My face had suddenly begin to sting as if a bee had just stung my cheeks repeatedly. Sawyer? My boyfriend?
"Oh no, no no no! That was just Sawyer." I shook my head with a laugh.
"Sawyer? You mean Sawyer Legend?" Jack asked, pointing with his finger. Suddenly, Amelia's whole demeanor changed once his name was brought up. She had appeared much more serious now and slightly concerned.
"Yeah, you know Sawyer?"
Jack scratched at his hair, "I mean, who doesn't know the Legend family?
Olivia then butted into the conversation, "Am I the only one lost here?"
"Just because their last name is Legend, doesn't mean they are legends." Amelia scoffed, walking off.
"I better go be with her." Olivia said before rushing after Amelia.
"Wait, she knows who they are too?"
"Uhh, we should take a walk." He offered, stepping to the side of the trail allowing me to walk. I nodded and we walked side by side through the slowly darkening woods, our shoes snapping twigs in half along the way.

"So, how do you and Amelia know the Legend family?" I inquired with curiosity. Glancing over to him, he kept his face down, watching his feet step in front of the other.
"Amelia and I have been best friends since we were just twelve years old, and so as we got older, we began to explore a lot." He explained carefully.
"So, when one day you guys were exploring, you came across the Legend family?" I asked as he nodded.
"Sure did. We became friends with them, started hanging out with all of them nearly everyday until.." his voice trailed over before he looked over to me, stopping.
"Until what?" I asked.
"No, I'm sorry. I can't tell you, it wouldn't be right." He apologized.
"People sure like to keep secrets around here it seems." I let out a dry laugh.
"Look, it's nothing like a secret but a respect towards Amelia's privacy. It's not my story to tell." He admitted to me.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was something private, just forget I asked." I replied as he attempted to reassure me it was okay. As we begin to ramble over each other, a loud snap from the woods was heard and we both grew silent very fast. It wasn't until then, I had realized that it had become night already.
"What was that?" I whispered to him.
Jack chuckled lowly, "It could be any animal, better beat me to the shack before it gets ya!" He hollered as he had already begun sprinting down the trail with laughter. Sprinting after him, I soon fell short of breath from my asthma. As I rested my arm on a tree, taking a few deep breaths, I then heard another twig break from nearby. Glancing around slowly, I couldn't spot it. Until, I felt it. Feeling sharp claws, slash through my calf. Belting out a loud scream, I ran even faster to the shack until I bumped into Olivia who held me by my shoulders, trying to calm me down.
"I need to get inside!" I cried before she finally let me go, following me inside the shack where Amelia and Jack were sitting in. They all glanced at me with widened eyes and panicked expressions. Amelia quickly got up and took a med-kit out of the drawer before attending to me.
"Why are you bleeding so much?" She questioned me.
"What happened back there Alana? I thought you were behind me." Jack asked, his eyes softened on me.