Lost hours

He furrows his eyebrows at me, "Hallucination?"
"I-I," I paused for a moment, "What happened? Can you tell me everything you know about what happened to me today?"
He clears his throat as his eyes wander off before looking back to me, "Well, what I told you. I went out looking for you, but couldn't find you. Later on, I got a call from George-
"George?" I scooted in closer to him.
"Yes?" He answers me with confusion as he saw the look on my face.
"Like, your brother?"
"Yeah, George works at the Cobra gas station at least twice a week for some extra money. Anyways, he called me saying that you came in there." He informs me as he goes on with his story.
"What did I do?" I inquired for more information on the lost hours.
"He said you were acting almost drunk like, but then you kept saying water so it was quick to put the puzzle together." Sawyer informed.
"But, that's the part of it that I don't quite understand. I woke up in the desert, with this." I admitted to him before revealing the lower right of my leg that revealed a red and swollen area of skin.
"Oh, you got bit? That's okay, I'll get you something." He says before getting up and disappearing down the hallway for a minute before returning back with a wet and cold rag, placing it on the swollen area.
"I never went into the gas station. I hallucinated that." I insisted to him.
Sawyer shook his head at me, "No you didn't. You went into the station, acting delirious. When he tried to help you up off the floor, you pushed him away. You were aggressive towards the people in the store so you left." He informed me. It makes sense now. The girl that was staring at me in the station, she wasn't being rude. She was concerned about my outburst.
"I can't believe it." I breathed.
Sawyer kept his hand on the rag that sat on my leg loosely, "You'll be okay. Just need to stay hydrated and rested." He reassured me before going to stand, but I stopped him with my hand in his wrist.
"Could you stay with me? I'm scared after today and- well, last night." I said. He looked down at the twin sized bed before smirking.
"Uhm, I'm not fitting in this bed." He said.
I looked down at the bed I was laying in, "Well, how come?"
He scoffed alongside a smirk, "Maybe because I'm six foot three and one hundred and eighty-five pounds."
"Oh." I said before laying back down on the pillow. His footsteps departed down the hall before coming back into the bedroom and sitting in the rocking chair that sat in the corner.
"What're you doing?" I questioned him. He kicked his boots off and laid down onto the rocking chair as it creaked against the wood.
"Staying with you." He said with a grunt as he attempted to get comfortable. I laid back down, smiling to myself against the pillow.
"Thank you, Sawyer." I said.
"Sleep well, Alana." He said with the warmth in his voice.

Waking up, I see a full glass of water on the nightstand alongside with a note. Wrote on the note, read, "Here's a glass of water to stay hydrated. Kitchen has breakfast. I'm retrieving your vehicle today and doing farm chores when I get back. - Sawyer." I smiled as I chugged the water down before making my way towards the kitchen where the breakfast was, along with the rest of the family, excluding Celeste. As I made my plate of waffles and bacon, I sat at the island where George, Mike and Polly sat as Berk stood against the counter, reading the newspaper.
"Where's Celeste gone?" I asked as I began to feed my hungry mouth.
"She's out getting sewing materials, she's gonna teach me how to sew too!" Polly exclaimed with excitement as she gently placed her crumby plate into the sink.
"Oh? How fun." I smiled at Polly as she tossed smile back to me.
"Farm chores, Polly." Berk interrupts.
Polly groans as she walks past me and towards the front door, "You should join us for sewing sometime." She said to me before going outside into the heat. I smiled to myself as I continued to finish off the plate of food in front of me. The next person to finish breakfast was Mike. He hadn't spoken a word to anyone, eating in silence until he rid of his plate, glaring me down before walking out the door. I felt George looking at me as I go to look at him, he looks down at his half eaten food quickly.
"Are you doing better, Alana?" He questioned me as he bit off his waffle.
"Yes, much better. Thank you for helping me." I thanked him. For the first time, George revealed a small, dimpled grin before it quickly disappearing off his face.
"I'm always here to help." He shrugged his scrawny shoulders. Finishing up his food, he was the next to go outside to do his own chores leaving Berk and I alone in the kitchen. Every now and again, my fork clinking against the plate would be the only sound throughout the kitchen besides the clock in which hung loosely on the wall. Tick, tick, tick. It was as though the clock was counting the awkward and painful minutes that passed us by, waiting for one of us to speak up.
Berk abruptly smacks the newspaper together, closing it before looking at me as he took a long sip of hot coffee.
"You doing alright?" He questioned. He attempted to having a caring tone, but it sounded more forceful than genuine.
"Yes, sir." I simply responded.
He hesitantly nodded, "I'll give you the light chores today then," he paused for moment before walking past me, "Hang up the laundry on the clothesline. Water the plants around the yard." He gave me a short list before leaving the home. I sighed as a weight disappeared from my chest as his presence left.