Captain Hardrock

"I'm sorry I arrived late...!"

Marinette had panted, just finished having a marathon from her house to the ship where their litttle concert will be held. She almost tripped on the little platform but luckily Alya was there to catch there,

"There you are Mari...! W- Girl are you okay...?" Alya questioned, worried as her best friend had looked horrible. Her red puffy eyes stood out as her hair was quickly tied together, bedhair still popping out as she looked gloomier than usual.

"O-of course I am! How could I not be when Paris is having a music fest." She had a small smile, avoiding Alya's wary gaze."...Is this about... him?" The auburnette mentioned him, she froze looking more defeated now.

"...Awe Mari... he'll be here soon don't worry girl." Alya hugged her, Marinette was about to cry at this point but she decided against it. They'd let go, turning to Rose who had just walked by finding something in the boxes.

"This day is supposed to be having fun with music, I can't let it get to me Alya. But thank you." She squeezed her shoulder, walking to Rose to hand over a microphone she came across on the way.

Alya sighed even Rose could tell something was wrong with her, that girl was fooling nobody. The blonde set a look of confusion towards Alya's direction, the bestfriend could only shrug to answer.

'What is up with Marinette...?'

The certain bluebelle had cleaned up the mess on the ship's deck to distract herself from her thoughts, she couldn't burden everyone now with her feelings. Not when they're so excited to perform, especially Juleka.

The girl wanted Marinette to come help and watch, Juleka wanted her here. Rose invited her and even joked about being the manager, she pleaded her to be here. Alya texted her she had to come and watch them perform, she had to be here.

But she herself wanted to spend the whole day crying with a tub of ice cream beside her and just watch cheesy romcoms.

"Careful missy!"

Marinette shrieked, turning to the lady captain of the ship with her striking pirate like appearance. The bluenette panicked as she dropped everything she was holding,

"O-oh my Gosh I am so sorry...! I didn't mean to do that- I'll clean it up right away...!" She already knelt down to pick things up, but a hand had stopped her as the woman had helped the girl out.

"We never pick up in this house! Didn't me daughter tell you? We like the lived-in look. We have no rules on The Liberty! Out of chaos comes creation! Messiness is life." Anarka, Juleka's mother smiled as she made more mess.

"D-daughter... wait are you Juleka's mom?" This was Marinette's first time in her friend's house, she was surprised that Juleka could be related to someone as eccentric as her.

"Of course! Proud mother of her, my little girl is my pride and joy! Now... where is she?" She looked around, squinting her eye as she acted like a pirate looking for treasure. Marinette loved the little antics she had, eventually having a small smile and pointed to where Juleka was happily chatting with Rose.

"Good eye, missy. Let's chat sometime, yeah?" She already left before Marinette could even answer, the teenager turned to see Alya and Nino chatting by the captain's deck.