Volpina

Adrien was supposed to go to school already, his usual car wad already outside the gates. He was a punctual student, a goody twoshoes. But he was also a curious child, someone that doesn't want secrets.

And his father was a man with many secrets.

So he hid by the corner, peeking his head out. Listening to his father complain on the phone, shocked when he saw there was something behind the portrait when his father placed something in.

He waited for his father to leave, the man was distracted. Didn't notice Adrien sneak by to the painting, the golden boy looked up the portrait of his deceased mother."He hides stuff behind the painting of Mom?"

Adrien had questioned, his kwami popping out."Ooh! I love dirty secrets. Oh, yes! Go on, go on!" It encouraged, he nodded as he turned the painting to reveal a safe.

" I can't do it. My dad wouldn't like me going through his stuff. Besides, I don't even know the code, and my fencing class is about to start." He'd make an excuse, mostly to convince himself. The boy was anxious despite his curiosity getting bigger. "You're such a party pooper." Plagg wasn't fazed by the glaring lock, he'd fly in and quickly managed to get the safe open.

"My, my, what have we got here? A book on Tibet, an old flyer from a hotel, a load of junk, come on, where's the good stuff?" And just in time, the kwami noticed a book with an intricate mysterious pattern."I've seen this book somewhere before. But who cares? I'm famished! I need Camembert!" It'd throw the book to his holder's arms, the teenager looked down to inspect the book.

He'd quickly scroll through thr pages, seeing it filled by countless superheroes and... miraculouses like theirs?!

"Why is my dad keeping this locked in a safe? why does he have this-" He'd pause on a certain page, his eyes widened. "Hawk Moth? What's this monster doing in a book about superheroes?"

"Cheese! Didn't you hear me kid?"

But the teenager stopped, hearing approaching footsteps as he auickly got to work. Closing the safe, masked by the portrait as he knelt down to pretend he was fidgeting with his bag.

"Adrien? You're going to be late." It had been Nathalie that arrived, along with his bodyguard."I was... looking for my homework, silly me!" He'd make an excuse, fortunately he wasn't questioned further.

꧁ ☘︎♧︎︎︎☘︎꧂

It had been the afternoon, time for his classes. Adrien was determined to use this time to research this book, this grimoire his father intently hid. Why did he have a book on the miraculous...?

How was he involved?

But his path was blocked, his time was interrupted. He faced a girl, a girl he didn't know. She was taller than her had with green eyes like him, her face plastered with makeup but it suited her like Chloe, hip-length dark scarlet hair with bangs similar to a horse mane tied in little red bands. Her hair is loosely tied at the tips with orange bands. She wears a vermilion jacket over a dark gray sleeveless and short pant legged jumpsuit that has tiny white spots and a ribbon bow. Additionally, she wears light gray leggings and brown ankle-length high heel boots.

"Hi there." She'd say lowly, the corners of her smile widening. Adrien flinched, knowing the tone as he stepped back."I'm Lila, I'm new here."