Chapter 44

Happy Reading...

***************************

Grace Alder POV.

Car came to a halt, We have reached the location but can't tell where exactly we are. 

" Came out. " Roger called. I exit the car tried to figure out where is this place but no use it was all surrounded by trees. Fuck! I can't even run away from here. I will probably die from starvation while looking for a way out of these trees. 

" It's no use Grace, No one will ever know where this address is. " Roger seems to understand what I was trying to do. 

" Let's get inside. " He said. We both stepped inside. The place was empty. There was nothing except a little sofa set and a few pieces of furniture. 

Roger took me to the stairs. 

" Here, this is your room. Change and came out. " He turned but stop in midway. I look at him in confusion. " Don't try to run away if you don't want to die. " He gave me a warning before leaving. I close the door behind him. 

My room was as empty as this house, only a bed and a study table with an attached bathroom. I set my bag and pulled out some clothing to change. 

But a sudden thought came to my mind. 

Did Aldrik receive the message I wrote in my apartment? 

Did someone call him regarding the note I left in the washroom? 

Did he know where am I? 

Thousands of questions were running through my mind. I found my eyes getting watery. I miss him terribly, I want to see him, kiss him, hug him. 

" Please get me out of here Aldrik. " 

I cried as I call him hoping only if he could hear me. I was scared for the first time. 

" Stay strong Grace, nothing happening, everything is going to be fine. " I tried cheering myself a little. 

Changing my clothes I decided to step out of the room and went downstairs. Roger was already there doing something on his phone. He stopped typing seeing me walking toward him. 

" Maverick would reach here anytime and I don't want to leave you alone with him. I have a few tasks to do before he came, so stay here and don't do something reckless. " He said as he took his jacket from the table. 

' Is he leaving just like that? ' I thought. 

" Don't flatter yourself. I'm leaving just because I know you can't run away from here and I'm locking the gate before leaving. " 

That's exactly what he did. He locked me inside with literally nothing. 

What should I do now? 

I wasted 15 minutes looking around for something, for anything but it was all waste. This place looks like no one has come here for ages. 

I heard the door unlocking and rushed to check. Maybe Roger came back. 

I stopped when I saw who entered. 

" So, you are quite enjoying yourself. " Maverick said. 

" What are you doing here? " I question him. He was not supposed to be here. 

" Do you think, you are in any situation to ask me this? " He was right, after all, he's the one who abducted me. 

" I think you got your answer now where is Roger? " He asked.