Chapter 35

Happy reading...

**************************

Grace Alder POV.

The moment Aldrik and others know that it was Maverick they freak out.

After learning that Maverick is behind all this Aldrik has gone crazy, and I can totally understand him. We all know what type of a guy Maverick is. He kills people for fun and exports them to other countries. No one knows what he is planning for us.

Danish has got the information about the hospital where Maverick was admitted when he was in a coma.

Aldrik and Ian had gone to check if they could get any evidence from there. Luke is following them for their safety.

For me, I am worried but I'm more confused about Val and his disappearance, especially after querying me about Roger. I should focus on the situation in hands but I can't help it and It's not going to stop until I receive my answers.

" Grace... " I flinched with sudden noise that brings me back to reality.

I turned around and saw Val standing there.

" Val? " I looked at him.

" Can we talk? " I nodded my head.

He turned around and walked toward the exit.

" Where are we going? "

" My car. " I followed him to his car. Once we were inside he glanced at me.

" Grace I need to ask you something. " He started. I was confused about what he wants from me?

" Okay!? " I replied not too sure about the situation.

" How do you know Roger? Tell everything in detail from the very starting. " I lift my brows in confusion.

" Why are you asking about him? And you asked the same few minutes ago too but why? " I asked.

" I will explain everything but first tell how you know each other? "

I describe to him how we met at the grocery store near my apartment and how we became friends.

He listened to me carefully and when I finished he sighed heavily. Leaning back to his seat he runs his hand on his face.

" What's wrong? " I spoke up.

" It was all planned. It. Was. All. Fucking. Planned from the start. "  What is talking about?

I confusingly stare at him. He suddenly turned to me and hold my hand in his grip.

I shivered a little with his sudden movement.

" Grace promise me you're not going to tell this to anyone okay? "

" About what? I don't know what you are talking about? "

I need to know before concluding and decide if I want to tell anyone or not.

" Grace it's Roger. "
Okay!? what is he trying to say?

" What? Can you please explain? " I asked.

" It's Roger who had Noah and Evan captive."

Silent that's the thing I can only feel after he said that.
Roger? No, he can't, he's a good friend of mine and Noah too. And on the first note why would Roger kidnap Noah?

What has Noah ever done to him? Or Evan or anyone?

No, it can't be...

" What!? But How? It can't be Roger can't do this and why will he do this?  He doesn't even know Noah and Evan that much. "