Chapter 18

Happy reading...

There is a lot of male characters, so which one is your favourite?

Chris? Ryan? Evan? Ian? Noah? Or Aldrik? Or maybe Roger...?

*********************************

Aldrik Kingsley pov.

I watched as Grace left for her room silently.

I don't want to make her uncomfortable by asking her how she is, so I let the topic slip from my mind.

Back in the office, she got me off guard when she suddenly started crying on my chest, holding me.

A few minutes later I realism hit me when I felt how frightened she was, that she thought someone trying to attack her again.

How stupid of me I never realised how hard it was for her to handle all this. I never ask her if she was ok? If she wants someone to talk about it? If she wants to share something?

I was so stupid I was so focused on catching the criminal that I never saw the condition she was in.

I just want to run to her and hold her for the rest of the night.
I shook the thought and went to my room.

The next morning I left for the office without having my breakfast I told Alex to pick Grace and dropped her at the office.

Reaching the office I called Luke to discuss about Valdimir Leonov. Luke is an ex-officer and he has quite a knowledge about Mafia.

I had asked him to get every information about Valdimir

" Sir, Here is the things we find out about Valdimir and by looking for him we also got a little information about Mikhail. " He handed me the file.

" Sir, Valdimir Leonov do drug dealing and illegal exports all around the world but he never got immersed in the killing. His father found Mikhail on-road homeless so he sheltered him by taking him in his gang. Valdimir has a decent relationship with almost every gang. He makes bargains so no one can harm his business. He's a good choice for us to ask for help sir. "

" Can you find out where is he? " I asked.

" I already did sir, he's in Italy right now for a deal but he'll come to New York next week. He got some business with her. " I nodded.

" So we have to wait for him to come back to New York. Until then Luke look for every detail about the guy who sends money to Mikhail. "

" Yes sir. " He answered.

" That's all. Thanks, Luke. " I said and dismissed him.

I'll discuss about it in the evening at the dinner table. I put the file in my drawer and locked it.

I heard a knock I called the person in and here come Grace.

"Good morning, you left early without doing your breakfast so I brought you some. "

She came to my side and put the packet on the table with my coffee on the side.

"Here eat this before going anywhere and I'll be in my office. "

" Did you eat yours? " I ask.

" I already did with everyone at home. "

Shit! I forgot about them. There 5 other men at home I have to keep an eye on them.

I had the breakfast she gave me and continued with my work.

Days spent and today is Friday. Every day Grace brings my coffee and schedule and we work as usual. At 6 we both left together.