44

Sofia

Saturday, May 18th, 1:04 am.

And then I saw him. His figure was clear and punctuated. I knew the second I saw his dark fatigue, that it was him.

My legs are limp, my knees breaking.

It can't be. No-

My eyes throb for mercy. It's not. I saw his dead body in the hospital.

I watched him get carried in a casket, and buried 6 feet under. It's not him.

I can feel the pressure of Coal behind me, begging me for explanation.

But when he realizes, the presence that stands 20 feet in front of us, he freezes as well.

I watch the figure step closer, my eyes becoming blurry from the water that now clogs them.

Then I see his elegant hair, the luscious locks that hold in place.

Piercing through the moonlight, I can see his blurry face, his whole fucking face.

"Soph," His voice rings through the cemetery, and that's when my heart stops.

"Luke?" My words come out desperate and cutthroat, as a gut wrenching sob reeks from my body.

____________________________

Friday, May 17th, 7:28 am.

"I like your shirt amor," Coal smirks, looking down at my slightly bare breasts.

I'm wearing a white v neck tank top and some black lululemon shorts. I have on white ankle high nike socks and my blue jordan's.

Hoping on the basic bitch bus!

"My body can finally move properly again," I say, whipping my backpack over my shoulder, "Might as well show it off."

Coal places his hand on my waist, pulling my into him, "Hmm, that's good, because i've been waiting to make you sore again."

He mumbles against my lips before kissing me.

Good morning make out session I guess-

I pull away, "As much as I would like to continue," Coal's lips twitched into a smirk, "We have to meet everyone at smoothie king."

Coal rolls his eyes, "Right."

Coal grabs my softball bag and his baseball bag, and we go down to his car.

The group decided to go to smoothie king before school this morning since we have the championship game after school—it's a tradition, but we just haven't done it together in 2 years.

"How come you guys are always the ones late? You are our captains you know," Noah rolls his eyes as we make our way to their table.

"Yeah and so are you and Alyssa, I don't remember seeing you guys at the bake sale event to raise money." I snap back.

Coal just laughs from beside me, and we take our seat across from Alyssa and Noah.

"Anyways, did y'all see what Lucas Thompson posted on his instagram story?" Marco asks.

All of us shake our head.

He gives us a 'your not gonna like this' look.

We all take out our phones as go to his instagram.

Lucas Thompson is 2nd in the state, behind Coal. He plays for Athens, who we're both playing this year at state. The boys seem to always play them at the championship, but it's the first time their softball team has made it to.