17

It's been a week. I haven't talked to Coal once. Usually I would go full bitch mode on him but I just don't want to waste my energy on him. I'm still incredibly pissed off. 

Out of all days, he decides to say shit about me with Bianca? Like I get that were enemies and shit but he was putting on an act that whole day. 

I've been talking with the girls and they keep being sus around me. I told them they better not hang out with Coal. I don't mean to be controlling but their my best friends. Best friends don't hang out with the enemy. 

Anyways, things at home have been somewhat okay. Nothing physical has happened to me since last week, it's just been verbal. My mom apologized for what she did to me that day. She said it was the alcohol. 

I forgave her because I hate fighting with her, she's the only one I have left. 

Today the girls and I are going to Riley's house after practice. Our first game is coming up this Friday leaving us only 2 days to prepare. It shouldn't be a hard win because we've played the Seminoles before and beat them easily. 

__________

"So, ya'll want to go to the diner after practice before we head to my house?" Riley asked, putting on her cleats for practice. 

"Yes, I'm gonna be starving." I chuckle. Luna and Alyssa agree and we walk out onto the field. 

Coach K gathers all of us into the dugout, "Today were going to be scrimmaging with the boys. Obviously our rules aren't completely the same and to state the obvious, they use a different ball than us. So Coach Stern and I compromised like usual so we will play with a baseball but will go by our rules. Next time we scrimmage it will switch, got it?" We all nod our heads but as soon as she walks over to the baseball field to talk to Coach Stern, I let out a groan. 

"If we can't even scrimmage our way how is it going to help us win in 2 days?" I mutter. 

"It's not like we have a choice Soph, even as captains we don't have that much power." Alyssa laughs. 

I braided my hair into a pony tail back into the locker room so that it wouldn't fall out. 

"Ayo look at what I got." Luna squeals as she runs into the dugout. I look into her hands to see black face paint. 

"Hell yeah." Riley stammers as she grabs it out of Luna's hands.

"Hey! I get to use it first since I found out in the locker room!" Luna says, grabbing it back. Riley rolls her eyes and Alyssa and I laugh. 

I dip two fingers into the paint and run my fingers below my eye bags creating a line. I repeat the same thing on the other side of my face. The girl's do the same thing. I grab my softball cap and pull my pony tail threw the little hole in the hat. 

"Now I'm ready." I smile evilly as we watch the boy's come over to our field. My eyes immediately notice Coal. He looks hot in his uniform. 

Fuck no.

We all make our way out of the dugout and onto the field. We all stand in front of the boys. Alyssa and I are in the front, and so are Coal and Noah. Captain things.

"Alright, no bad blood okay? This game is going to be a clean one, understand?" Coach Stern said, directly his attention towards Coal and I. 

"Mhm." Alyssa said, narrowing her eyes at Noah. Now they might be friends out of softball and baseball, but in it, were enemies. 

"Boys, you get to hit first, so girl's go get geared up alright? Line up in the same as usual." Coach K said. We nodded our heads and both teams made their way to their dugout. 

I grabbed my glove and re-tied the laces on my cleats. Alyssa and I got the team to huddle in a circle. 

"Listen, we're better than them, yes we play different sports but we've beaten them in our competition for the past few years." Alyssa says and the girls nod. We place our hands in the middle. 

"Ready to kick some ass?" I shout. 

"Hell yes." They say. 

"Tigers on 3, 1... 2....3.... TIGERS!!" We shout and then the starting line up heads out onto the field. 

Riley is our pitcher, I play short stop, Luna plays center field, and Alyssa plays first base. Of course Bianca plays second base so I have to be near her. 

First up to bat for the boys is Will. Riley is an amazing pitcher, but I don't know how she will do with a baseball. 

As Will get's his stance ready I can see him smirk up at Riley. She ignores it and pitches the ball. 

Strike. That's my bitch.

Riley pitches 2 more times, one a strike and one a foul. If Riley get's this strike then he will strike out. 

I wait for the Riley to pitch but unfortunately I heard the slam of the ball on the bat and it's rolled into right field. Alexa who plays that position quickly scoops it up and throws it to Alyssa at first base.

Luckily Will didn't have time to move anymore but he was safe at first base. I groaned when I heard the banging and whistling on the dugout gate from the boys. 

The rest of the game was hard. We were now in the ninth inning. 

Our bases were loaded and we had two outs. The score was 9-7. The boys were winning by 2. 

"Alright Sofia, go out there and show them who the best player in the state is." Coach K said as I walked out of the dugout. I nodded. 

I hated hitting baseballs. I've done it before at scrimmages in the past years and I hated it. To be honest I was low key good at it. Still hated it. 

The boys pitcher was Noah. Coal was short stop like me, Will was the catcher, and Marco was left field. 

I walked up to home base and took a deep breathe before looking up. The boys eyes were all on me. Especially Coal's. 

I took my stance and Noah pitched the ball. It was coming straight at my thigh but before I could move completely the ball slammed into my leg. 

"Shit!" Noah exclaimed. I knew he didn't do it on purpose, but it still hurt like a bitch. 

I grasped onto my thigh in pain and just groaned. I didn't whimper, just groaned. 

Noah was running up to me. 

"I swear I didn't mean to Soph, I'm sorry." Noah said sincerely. 

"It's okay Noah. I'm fine." I started, releasing the hold on my thigh and straightening out my leg. 

"Sofia are you sure your good to play?" Coach K asked form the dugout. 

"I said I'm fine." I stammered. I knew it was going to bruise but I wasn't about to give Coal the satisfactory of me sitting out. This just have me more motivation to beat them. 

Noah returned to the mound. I straightened out my hat then took my stance once against. 

Noah pitched 4 more times, leaving me will two strikes and two balls. 

If I don't hit the ball now, the boy's win the game. 

Before I knew it I was swinging the bat at the baseball that was gliding in the air.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmm, I wonder what will happen, will she hit the ball or will it be a strike? 

Updating tomorrow of course! 

I'm in love with Sofia tbh. 

Anyway... comment, share and vote! 

love you all <3