21

Coal sits down and leans his back against the locker across from me. 

"Don't look at me." I say as I see his gaze on me. 

He doesn't respond, just looks away. We sit there in silence for a good 10 minutes, exchanging glances every so often. When I go to stand up, I feel immediate pain in my ribs. I let out a whimper, which catches Coal's attention. 

I ignore his furrowing eyebrows and try to stand up again. This time, my muscles give out and I fall back down. 

"Fuck," I mumble under my breath.

"What's wrong with you?" Coal questions. 

I roll my eyes, "Nothing." 

He stands up and walks over to me. 

"What are you trying to stand up for?" 

"Ice." I state. 

He sighs and goes over to the ice and water machine in the locker room. The coaches bought 2 of them for each of the locker rooms. 

He grabs a plastic bag and pours ice into it. When he comes back, he hands me the bag. 

"Thanks.." I murmur. He just nods. I turn around to face my locker. I take off my softball shirt and throw it in the locker. I take out a pair of sweatpants and look over at Coal who is staring at me. 

I raise my eyebrow at him, "Turn around." 

He just smirks but does as I say. I slip off my softball pants and put on the sweatpants all while sitting on the floor. Not the easiest task. 

I'm now in my sports bra and sweatpants. 

"Are you done yet?" Coal groans. 

"Mhm." I say. 

When he turns around, his eyes widened at my bruised stomach and ribs. 

"Don't ask." I say before he can speak. He doesn't say anything so I guess he took the hint. I place the ice on my ribs and let out a groan from the contact the ice had on my tender skin. 

Once I get used to the coldness, I slouch back down against the locker. 

Coal breaks our silence, "What is your problem with me?" 

I scoff, "You already know." 

"Your talking about Bianca aren't you." He says as more of a statement. 

"Yep!" I say in a dramatic preppy tone. He just rolls his eyes. 

"If you just let me explain-" I cut him off. 

"Explain then." I state coldly. 

He lets out a deep breathe, "After your speech, Bianca dragged me over behind the school. She started flirting with me," 

I gesture for him to continue. 

"She said, and I quote, Sofia is a dramatic bitch. It shocked me so I repeated what she said, but as a question." He said. 

Now that I think back to it, it did sound like a question when he said it. Oops.

"Oh." is all that I could say. 

"Yeah," He says.

We just stare at each other for a second. He looks so fucking good right now. His hair is messy and he has black face paint on his face that is all messed up. 

Forget I said that.

"What is your problem with me?" Coal asks again. 

"I just told you, but I mean you explained that so," I start but he cut's me off.