43

My first instinct was straight up what the fuck, now I'm just flooded with worry.

None of us have moved, we just stare at each other, processing the situation.

I take my attention off Coal, and hop off the counter slowly.

They all look, weary.

When Coal doesn't speak, I look over to the others.

"Ask your boyfriend." Noah shakes his head, then walks over to Alyssa.

She engulfs him in a tight hug, and I hear faint whispers between them as they make their way to Coal's bathroom.

Most likely to clean up.

Marco and Will give Coal short glances, before following after the others.

Coal let's put a huff before looking down at me.

"What the hell happened?" I ask calmly.

Coal slips past me, and walks over to the kitchen sink.

I roll my eyes, walking behind him.

I plant my feet behind him, as he rises the blood off of him. He pulls his shirt over his head, which thankfully he has no other bruises.

I take deep breathe, then slowly snake my arms around his torso, planting my cheek on his back.

"He's in jail isn't he?" My throat clenches.

Coal takes a sharp intake of breath, then shuts off the water.

He turns around and faces me, but before I can contract to any movement, he hurries his head into my neck.

His hand ruffles through my hair.

"I tried to keep a cool Sofia, I really

did- but I just couldn't let him get away with what he did to you." He admits, a slight shake in his tone.

I run my hand up and down his bare back, small strokes to sooth him.

"Did you do anything that would hurt you?" I ask hesitantly.

"I mean other than the physical marks that son of a bitch gave me, no I didn't. He came at me first so that's how he got a few hits, but I pounded

him. I couldn't stop. I always have that issue, especially when your involved. I had called the boys to help me out, I had to tell them everything Sofia. Thankfully they pulled me off of him before I did too much, that's why they have blood on them. The police came and took him. And that was it." He breathes in and out, trying to steady his breaths.

I can tell he's still furious, but I don't say anything.

"Thank you," I smile, pulling away from him.

Confusion rules his face out, "For being here."

Then his face softens in realization.

"How are you feeling?" He worries.

"Hurts like hell, but I'll be fine, I always am." I give a weak smile.

He shakes his head and frowns, "You need to be amazing, not just fine."

"I'll get there eventually," I sigh.

Coal opens his mouth to interject but is interrupted when everyone comes out of the bathroom.

____________________________

I do some shallow explaining, dimming the horrid truth.

I receive hugs from each boy, but their full of pity. I don't want pity, I just want reassurance.

I overthink everything, I ruin myself by thinking of every possible outcome. Every possible way something could go.

I tears me up inside, being paranoid because of my father.

But someway, somehow, Coal makes it okay.

I don't think of anything when I'm with him.

"Everybody ready for the game?" Will says.

"Definitely." I say sarcastically, taking a look at my discolored body.

"It's getting dark, we should probably head out," Alyssa stands up and drags Noah's with her.

The rest trudge their way to the door as well.

"Until tomorrow," Luna says softly.

"Until tomorrow." I nod, giving a weak smile and closing the door.

My breath hitches when I turn around, resting my body against the door.

Coal furrows his eyebrows, "You okay?"

I nod, "Tired."

I walk into the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror.

My hands slowly move to the hem on my sweatshirt, and grip it weakly.

When I move the sweatshirt farther rip my stomach, my arms feel immense pain when my shoulder moves in it's original position.

I let out a yelp as the lain was unexpected.

Coal calls of my name but I don't respond. I try again, but the pain worsens. I drop the sweatshirt in defeat, then drop my head onto the counter. My hand ruffle through my hair in distress.

Im weak.

My eyes bulge out, stinging as I try to hold back the salty water.

Sometimes it's too much for my to hold in, but it seems that these past few months, I can't hold anything in.

Coal brings me to take my guard down, which I'm grateful for—but when he starts, I can't stop.

"Fuck!" I shout furiously. The water staining my formally dried cheeks.

A few seconds later Coal comes rushing in.

His hand immediately runs across my back gently.

"Hey, hey, your okay." He says soothingly, lifting my body gently from the counter to face him.

"Tell me what's wrong." He says is a demanding matter.

I struggle to get my words out through the constant breath intakes between my sobs.

"I'm- just weak," I manage, my face scrunching as my tears fill the puffy eyes.

Coal shakes his head is dismay, but brings me to his chest.

"You have to stop doing this Sofia," He whispers, "you can't think this way anymore. It's tearing you apart."

I can feel the hurt in his voice, laced with dissatisfaction.

I don't move or speak. I just let him hold me gently, whispering in my ear, planting small kisses on my head.

His hand stays around my back, crushing my into his chest, while his other is placed on the back of my head, holding me close to him.

"Please," Coal begs wearily, "Don't do this to yourself."

________________________________________________________________________________

SORRY THIS IS SHORT BUT I PROMISE THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS WILL MAKE UP FOR IT. 

i'm telling you, the next chapter will literally my your heart ache. 

thanks for the support my loves- 

your all the best <3