34

Sofia 

I wish today could just be normal. 

But I know it's going to be anything but that. 

I'm guessing the whole school knows about Coal and I by now. No more secrets. 

My main problem is my friends. Can I even call them that right now?

"Sofia stop thinking about it and get your ass out of bed." Coal says. It's like he can read my fucking mind. 

I haul myself out of bed and into his bathroom. I don't have anything except the clothes I was wearing yesterday. I splash my face with some water then step out of the bathroom again. Coal is sitting on the edge of the bed with his hands on his knees while he types away on his phone. 

I stand in front of him, waiting for him to acknowledge me. 

A minute passes and he finally moves his eyes up my body, stopping at my face. 

"Need something darling?" He smirks. 

I groan, "Yes. I need a sweatshirt, I have no other clothes." 

He nods and walks to his dresser. He pulls out a black sweatshirt that just says Tigers on it for our team. 

"I can help you change if you want." Coal plasters that stupid grin on his face. 

"You'd like that wouldn't you." I roll my eyes before stepping back into the bathroom. I throw the hoodie on over my sports bra and look in the mirror. 

The sweatshirt is huge to say the least. The thing I do realize is I have none of my makeup. 

Fuck.

I throw the bathroom door open. 

"I have no makeup." I say, looking at Coal who is draped over the bed. 

Coal laughs, "You don't need that shit." 

"I beg to differ."

Coal narrows his eyebrows at me, then throws his legs onto the floor. He takes large steps as he approaches me. 

He grips the side of my throat and tilts my head gently, careful not to hurt the bruises.

"I said, you don't need that shit, understand?" He whispers aggressively. 

Okay big boy, it's not that deep. 

"Understood!" I salute him sarcastically before grabbing my backpack, "Let's get this over with." 

_____________________

As soon as people see Coal's car, they stare. The girls have disgusted stares, the boys have annoyed stares, and some people just have, blank expressions. 

I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. 

I step out of the car and Coal walks over to me. 

He holds out his hand and I gladly take it, smiling up at him. 

"Just ignore them." He narrows his eyes at me. I just nod. 

How the hell am I supposed to ignore every single person staring at me?

When we enter the school, I get hella uncomfortable. When I say everyone was staring at us, I mean literally everyone. 

Coal notices my comfort level and tightens his grip on my hand. 

He doesn't seem fazed at all, he looks like a literal rock. 

Coal comes to my locker with me. Nobody has said anything up front to us yet, there have just been the quiet whispers and scoffing as we walk past.