28

~ your enemy is closer than you think ~

Sofia

The second his lips collided with mine, I felt someone in me break. 

The wall I spent 2 years building, collapsed right in front of me, and I didn't stop it. 

I didn't know if he would break my heart in the end, but in this moment I don't care. 

Our lips worked like magic together. It was pure and clean, not messy and frantic. 

We wanted to savor ever moment of it. He took my cheek in his hand, and wrapped the other around my torso. I wrapped my arms around his neck, arching my back into him. 

It feels passionate. I feel like something has been filled in me. Joy? Reassurance? Love? I may never know. 

I do know, that I want this moment to never end. His lips are so smooth, so gentle, like he's scared he will break me. His lips work against mine, like the sun works on plants, they make them shine. I feel like I'm on the fucking moon. My knees feel weak, his touch is immaculate on my skin. 

I'm kissing my enemy. Ex-enemy. 

Scratch that, I'm kissing my best friend. 

I feel no regret, no remorse in this moment. 

That is until he breaks the kiss, he takes one look at me before turning around, and walking away. 

Am I on some reality show? 

My fingers linger on my lips, my waist, my cheek. The places I longed for his touch again. 

"Where are you going?" I ask, following him to his car that's parked on the side of the road. 

He opens his car door, but before getting in, he turns around and looks at me. 

I don't know what it is that I see in his eyes, but it's not what I saw right before he kissed me. 

He regrets it. 

"The kiss- it was a mistake." He mumbles before getting in his car and driving off without another word. 

I'm left there, in the middle of the road, alone. 

He left me alone. 

He told me 5 minutes ago that I needed to give us a chance, then he pulls this shit? 

Unbelievable. 

I want to curl up in a ball, and cry myself to sleep. I want someone to hug me, love me. I want someone to really care for me, too show me that I'm not alone. 

I feel so fucking stupid. Stupid for believing that my enemy could love me. 

Love. 

No, it's not fucking love. I can't- I don't love Coal Demartino, and I never will. 

He's a coward. A fucking coward. Even after I forgave him, he finds a way to fuck us up again. It was all lies. Everything he said to me was bullshit. But I believed it, I believed every word he said to me. 

_______________________

It's been two weeks since Coal and I kissed. I haven't uttered a single word to him, and he's flat out avoided me. 

Something happened to him after we kissed, I could see it in his eyes that something changed. 

But I wasn't going to sit around and wait for him to act like a fucking man.