40

Sofia

I can't do this right now. Not here, and not now.

"Coal please," I say, but it only comes out as a whisper.

"Who fucking did it Sofia?!" Coal hisses.

"I can't-" I struggle to talk. My body aches, my face is drenched in tears, and every part of me is trembling in fear.

"FUCK-" Coal yells, throwing his hands behind his head.

I whimper, "Coal please, I just need you,"

I wasn't sure if he would hear me or not, but I knew he did when his head whipped around.

His eyes softening when he realized what he had done out of anger.

He shakes his head, "Fuck. Where does it hurt?"

He steps closer to me, but this time I don't back away, because I'm not scared of him. I glance down to my bleeding thigh, and his eyes widen.

"We have to talk about this Sofia." He says, picking up gently and walking to the bathroom.

"I know." I cry, leaning my throbbing head on his shoulder.

He places me on the bathroom counter, and swiftly grabs the rubbing alcohol and some wraps.

I feel limp, my body wants to give out.

"This is going to sting. Squeeze my shoulder if you need to." Coal says, dipping a cloth into the alcohol.

I place my hand on his shoulder, partly to keep myself from falling over, and also because I'm going to need to squeeze it.

When the cloth makes contact, it burns.

I grip my fingernails onto Coal's shoulder, squeezing it with every strength I have left.

"Fuck," I breathe out.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles, releasing the cloth from my thigh, "I have to stitch it."

I nod, knowing that I have no other option.

When Coal returns from getting a stitch kit, he stands in between my legs.

He raises his hand, making me flinch.

Fuck.

Coal frowns and furrows his eyebrows.

"Sofia-"

"No, it's fine. I know you would never hit me. I'm just shaken up okay?" I reassure him and he nods.

He brings his hand up to my face and wipes away a fallen tear.

"No more." He demands, and with no warning stabs a stitch through me.

___________________

I'm now in a pair of Coal's boxers and his sweatshirt.

He comes back into the room with water and painkillers, setting them on the nightstand next to me.

He slides in next to me, wrapping his arm lightly around me.

I can tell he's nervous to hurt me.

I move closer to him, giving him permission to hold me.

I lay my head on his bare chest, the best comfort in this fucking world.

"You have to talk to me Soph," Coal says seriously.

I tilt my head up to look at him, "Tomorrow-"

"No Sofia. I'm sorry but you can't keep putting this off. I'm seriously an inch away from going out and just finding some mother fucker to take my anger out on." He says, narrowing his eye sin my direction.