13

- Sofia's pov -

Once we got to the parking we lot we all stood there awkwardly. 

"So uh, nice seeing you guys?" Alyssa said but it came out as more of a question. 

"Yeah..." Noah replied. Coal and I kept glancing at each other. I wanted to say something, but I knew I shouldn't.

"I guess well see you guys at school then." Will said. We all nodded and then headed to our cars. 

Once the girl's got in we all let out sighs. 

"What was that?" I questioned, turning around from the passenger seat to look at them. 

"Don't be mad, we were just, uhm, hanging out?" Luna said. 

"Since when? I'm honestly so confused and all of you guys are lying to me." I raised my voice a little. 

"Come on Sofia, it was actually fun, like old times.." Alyssa joined in. It was fun. For once in a really long time I let myself feel free with Coal again. What made them all of a sudden want to hang out with them? Unless they've been doing it behind my back, which would piss me off. I would never get mad at them for doing what they want to do, and I would never dictate who their friends with. It's just the fact their not being truthful with me. 

I didn't say anything else for the rest of the car ride. I didn't know what to think about my day with Coal, so I just didn't think about it. 

When we got to Riley's house we all packed up our bags and Alyssa dropped me off at my house. 

I was scared to be here. Thank god my dad was at work right now, so it was only my drunk mother. She can be mean when she's drunk. 

I immediately smelt the alcohol as I opened the door. I saw my mom laying on the couch with a bottle on Vodka in her hand. Vodka? Seriously?

"Well, look who came home." My mother said as I walked in. She started walking over to me which made me move back a little. 

"Hello to you to mom..." I shrugged. I wasn't as scared of my mom, but I knew that she could be just as bad as my dad, and she used to be. She used to throw things at me, make me flinch because she liked seeing me scared, but she never hurt me. That was all right after Luke passed. She eventually got over it and apologized, but now that his anniversary is soon, I don't know what she will do. 

"Do be smart with me!" she yelled. 

"Mom, your drunk, just let me go upstairs please." I looked down so I didn't have to meet her eyes. 

"You don't get to say that! I'm drunk because you killed my son! The only good kid I have! Now I'm stuck with his stupid twin!" she yelled. Those words hurt. She only was like this when she was drunk, then she will deny the fact that she said it to me when she wakes up tomorrow. She always pays the victim, the sweet, innocent mom, but really she's just hiding the fact that she's just as bad as my dad. I trust my mom more than him, and I love her, but she isn't a good mom, and she will never be one. 

"Do not try to blame his death on me like dad does!" I yell back. 

"You know, he was right the whole time. He drove him to kill himself!" I felt my legs become weak. I inched further away from her, until I hit the wall. 

"Your a stupid little bastard!!!" My mom cried out. She raised her hand to hit me, I flinched. She let out a laugh. I was disgusted by her. She lowered her hand back down, satisfied with scaring me. 

"You don't mean that mom..." I cried.

"Yes I do." She said. Before I could speak she threw the bottle of vodka at me but I moved in time for it to hit the wall inches from my face. The glass shattered and pieces flew everywhere. I could feel the burning pain on my body from places like the glass at cut me. She had never gotten physical with me. She was always so calm, and comforted me after my dad did something to me. Whenever she was drunk, she was say hurtful things to me but it was never physical. So I ran. 

I ran straight out the door. I didn't stop running. I didn't care that it was dark outside, I didn't care that I was bleeding form several places on my body, all I cared about was getting away from that house. A home is where you feel safe and comfortable, but that house is nothing like a home to me. 

I reached a gas station. I was wearing a tank top and pajama shorts but I didn't care. I got stares as I walked up to the gas station. I looked at me reflection in the mirror and couldn't help myself but whimper out a cry. I had 3 small cuts on my arm, 1 big one on my thigh and 2 on my face. None of them were deep enough to scar me though, so I was pleased. They were all bleeding though, especially the one on my thigh. I heard the bell ring of the gas station door and turned to look at who it was. 

It was Alyssa, Luna, Riley, Noah, Will, and Marco. What the fuck were they doing together without Coal and I? Why the fuck were the together in the first place?

They were all laughing, until they turned and saw me. They immediately stopped in their tracks and looked terrified. I didn't think the blood was that bad, but I guess it what. 

"Holy fuck." Alyssa said as her and the girls ran up to me. 

"Soph, what happened?" Riley asked, looking concerned. I tried to get out an answer but all I could do was cry. They all embraced me with a hug and I saw them turn their heads to the boys who were astonished. Suddenly I heard Noah on the phone. 

"Yeah dude can you come now? We don't really know what's happening but you should probably see this." I heard him muffle. I didn't care enough to ask who he was talking to. I explained what happened to the girls, but quietly so that the boys didn't hear.

A few minutes later a black Rolls Royce drove up to the gas station. Then, a guy with a black hoodie and gray sweatpants came out of the car, that's when I saw a glimpse of his face, Coal Demartino. Fuck, he cannot see me like this. 

The boys started talking to him and he looked over at me every few seconds and flinch at the sight of the blood. 

"Come on Soph, you can come back to my house okay?" Riley said. I nodded and they helped me get up but I was too limp and fell right back down. I was so lightheaded. 

When the boys saw me collapse back down they immediately ran over to us. 

"One of you needs to carry her." Luna said, looking at the boys. Before the others could agree, Coal was already lifting me off the ground and carrying me to his car. 

"I'll meet you guys at Riley's house okay?" He said and they nodded their heads. The car ride was silent. I didn't have any energy nor an explanation for this.

Once we got to Riley's house, which thankfully her parents were away on a buisness trip, Coal carried me inside. I didn't mutter a single word. Everyone else was already there and waiting for me to come in. 

"Take her to the bathroom." Riley showed the way to the bathroom, Alyssa and Luna followed. Coal set me down on the counter.

"Thank you.." I said softly. He nodded. 

"Now get out Coal." Alyssa said as she motioned for him to get out. He followed orders and went and sat with the guys on Riley's couches. 

They shut the door behind him so that they couldn't hear. 

"Sofia it isn't getting better." Alyssa broke the silence. 

I sniffled, "I know, but I can't do anything about it, maybe it was just a one time thing from my mom, she was drunk, you know with his anniversary coming up and stuff..." I mumbled.

"We understand that but your dad isn't a one time thing, even though he didn't do this just look at your other scars!" Luna exclaimed. 

"I- i don't know to do." I blurted out. Their faces immediately softened and Alyssa held my hand tightly. 

"Your almost 18 and when you turn 18, do whatever the hell you want, and always know that you can always come live at one of our houses until you go to college." Riley said. They all nodded in agreement. 

I sighed, "I'm telling you guys that I'm fine. I can handle it until I go to college okay?"

They all took deep breaths but didn't say anything else. They helped me clean up my cuts and wrap them in bandages. Riley said that I could sleep in her bed with her tonight and that Alyssa and Luna will sleep on the floor. I fell asleep quickly in Riley's bed and didn't even notice them leave the room. I love them so much.