31

Sofia

"How long do you think we can keep this up?" I turn to face Coal who is standing at the bedroom doorway. 

"However long we need too." He replies.

I nod.

It's only been two days since everything fell into place. All I know is that my feelings for Coal are strong. 

Whenever I'm around him it's like everything shitty in my life doesn't exist. He shields me from the baggage I carry around. Yet he doesn't even know half of it. 

He doesn't bug me about my scars or try to get me to talk to him about it. I like that about him. He understands what it means when someone says they'll tell you when their ready. 

I sometimes worry about him. He lives on his own, without his parents. I knew they used to be hard on him about grades and baseball when we were friends but I don't know, it seems deeper than that. I mean he literally moved out. 

But I know he can handle himself. He's 18 already, and he ripped as fuck. 

l look around his bare room. The only thing he has is a bed, a dresser, and a TV. 

When the thought comes to mind I jump up from his bed, causing Coal to raise an eyebrow at me. 

I walk past him and into the kitchen, grabbing his keys. Once he follows me, I throw him his keys and open the front door. 

"Where exactly are we going?" Coal asks. 

"IKEA!!" I grin widely and drag him with me. 

_______________________

It was a struggle to get him here, but we made it. 

"What the fuck is IKEA?" He says as we stand in front of the store. 

"Your apartment is bland, you need some new things," I smile at him. 

He rolls his eyes, "That's how I like it." 

I ignore him and go into the store. 

We walk around for a little before I come across a dark gray, fuzzy carpet. I would look perfect in his room. 

I walk over to it and look at the price tag. 

"Holy shit this is expensive." I widen my eyes.

Coal walks over to me and takes a look at the price. 

He chuckles, "Princess if you want it, I'll get it." 

Is he made out of money or something?

"How can you afford this Coal?!"

He smirks, "Stripping."

My mouth drops and I push his shoulder playfully. I wouldn't put it past him.

"I'm joking." He laughs. 

After I scold him he picks up the rug like it weighs less than a pound and places it into the cart. 

I make Coal stop when I see a tall, fake plant in a black concrete pot. 

"Hmmm, since your like rich or whatever your getting this!" I shrug and pick up the plant. As I walking to the cart I have my eyes on my feet and run into a hard chest, his hard chest, 

The plant starts tipping as I almost drop it but Coal quickly takes it from my hands and places it in the cart. 

When he turns back around to me, he looks down at me and smirks, snaking his arm around my waist.