24

~ death is the price we pay for love ~

Sofia

The game went by really smoothly. I got 3 runs and we won 11-3. 

The boys game was in it's 8th inning now. I quickly ran to the locker room and changed into light blue sweatpants and a white tank top. I washed my face, getting the black paint face off, and I re applied some mascara. I didn't bother fixing my messy ponytail. 

I threw on some tennis shoes and ran back out to the baseball field. 

It was now the ninth inning. 

"You got changed up quick," Riley says when I reach the girls. Were standing by the boys dugout. I grip the fence with my hands as I watch Marco go up to bat. 

"I didn't want to be stuck in that uniform while watching the game." I retort.

Alyssa is talking with Noah who is in the dugout. I glance over and see her peck his lips through the fence. They are so cute.

Alyssa waves him goodbye and takes a stand next to us. 

Marco hits a dinger into center field. 

"Marco has gotten really good since last year," Luna shrugs. 

We all nod our head in agreement. When I look back at the field, my eyes meet with the poster hanging from the fence near right field. It's a poster with Luke's picture on it, and his jersey. 

Number 19, just like me. 

My eyes are so trained onto the picture of him. He's smiling, yet I don't know if his smile is real or not. 

I was so focused on the picture that I didn't even realize Riley was shaking me. 

"Hello? Earth to Sofiaaaaa," Riley shakes me endlessly. 

"What?!" I glare at her. She abruptly stops shaking me and glares back. 

"I don't need the attitude." She rolls her eyes sarcastically. A smile creeps onto my lips when I try to hold back laughter. Riley acts too much like a mom sometimes.

"But anyways, Coal is up to bat, I thought you would want to watch," She nudges me but I ignore her stupid attempts to get me to talk about him. 

I turn my attention back towards the field where Coal is standing in his stance. 

A breeze of wind comes by and I start to shiver. I really should have brought a jacket with me. 

A few pitches go by and Coal doesn't budge. They were either fouls or balls. This pitcher obviously isn't that good. 

When the pitcher throws again, Coal takes his chance at ending the game and the ball goes soaring. Cheers erupt form the stands as everyone stands up to watch the ball go farther, and farther, and right over the fence. 

We all start jumping up and down at Coal's home run. The game ends after some junior named Christian strikes out. They obviously won. 

The girl's and I were waiting for the boys to come out of the dugout when we hear some girls laughing. We turn around to see 4 of the girls from the team we played today. Their staring at us and whispering. They stare at us and laugh as they walk past us. They really think they can get away with that?

"Was there something you wanted to say?" I ask loudly so they can hear me. 

They whip their heads around and walk a little closer to us.