I Could Fall In Love..187..

Start from the beginning

Duh.

"Place your hand on my hip, Baldwin." I direct again.

"I can't." He swallows deeply, still looking away from me.

"Why not?" I ask and look to where he's looking.

"Will Smith and Michael Jackson are glaring at me." Baldwin points out.

"Don't worry about Will and Michael--"

"OH MY GOD!" Baldwin shouts as he stops dancing with me. "MICHAEL JACKSON!! THAT'S MICHAEL JACKSON!!"

Everyone stops dancing and looks around together.

When he's spotted everyone screams in unison.

"MICHAEL JACKSON!!"

Oh, shit!

This is about to be out of control in 2.5 seconds.

I should have just danced with Will or maybe Teyonna should have kept this party small and intimate.

"IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON!!" A girl screeches. "OH MY GOD!!"

I'm left alone on the dance floor as some members of my security team surround Michael and escort him out the emergency exit of the ballroom.

The dance floor clears and chaos ensues because of Michael's presence.

So much for my birthday party, and this damn dress.

Dammit!

Michael should have known this was going to happen.

We may be exes, and he may have wanted to surprise me, but he is still MICHAEL JACKSON!!

THE Michael Jackson and he can't just show up at parties.

There's no being inconspicuous when you're Michael fucking Jackson!

Shit! You're Michael fucking Jackson!!

"We have to get you out of here too, JC." Teddy says, grabbing my arms gently, as people scream all around the ballroom. "It's getting too rowdy. Let's go."

Teddy takes me out the side exit.

He takes me out so fast I don't even have time to look around for my mama, Teyonna, or Kendra.

Thanks a lot, Michael.

Party ruined.

Teddy and I use a private stairwell, and seconds later, we're back on the floor I'm staying on.

"Uncle Mike," Siggy sighs as Teddy and I step out onto the floor. "you shouldn't have asked her to dance."

"I know, Siggy," Michael sighs. "but I thought it was dark enough for me to ask her. She looks so beautiful, I had to ask."

"You're Michael Jackson, man." Siggy reminds. "In the dark or not, your fans will always know when you're around."

"Are you okay, Mr. Jackson?" Teddy asks as we walk up to him and Siggy.

"Yes, but, Jazmyne, please don't be mad at me." Michael swallows, turning to me. "I'm so sorry if I ruined your party. I just wanted to dance with you, and I didn't know th---"

"Shhh!" I press my fingers to his lips. "Shh, Michael."

Damn, they're still soft.

"Calm down, Michael." I smile to assure him that I'm not mad. "I'm not mad. I'm--"

My fingers are still on Michael's lips when the elevator dings behind us.

When the doors open, we see about fifteen fans standing inside, locked and loaded, ready to chase somebody.