Chapter 34 : Counter Attack

About half of the screens in the makeshift surveillance room were black and Namjoon's face had lost all color.

''Taehyung is wounded, he got shot in the leg with a silver bullet as he was getting chased by the hunters! He managed to find a hiding spot for now and Jin is on his way to help him. But that leaves Jimin and Jungkook alone to deal with forty hunters!'' Namjoon explained.

''What about the cameras? We lost vison nearly everywhere!'' Hoseok asked.

''The hunters figured out that we have cameras and they started shooting those they found. This means that they know we're watching them, so they won't lose time trying to be subtle...'' Namjoon said, as yet another screen went black.

''If most cameras are down, it's no use staying here. We need to go help them.'' Yu said.

''We need you here to complete the plan. Can you still fight Hoseok?'' Namjoon asked before Hoseok shifted as a reply, ready to run. ''Use the cameras we have left to get an idea of what is going on and keep us updated. You are going to be the brain of the operation now, we need you to communicate with us or else we will be lost.''

Yu squeezed her fists in frustration. She was a warrior, it was against her very nature to stay back, but their plan depended on her being at the shack when the hunters arrived.

''I will be your eyes!'' Yu said with resolve as Namjoon and Hoseok left.

She looked at the still functioning cameras. The surviving ones all had one thing in common, they were installed very high on trees, giving a wide, but non detailed view.

It was probably the reason why the hunters didn't spot and destroy them, their eyes were fixated on the ground trying to spot a wolf that would appear in front of them.

If only wolves could fly, then we would have a chance at catching them by surprise.... Yu thought for herself.

They had chosen a very dense area of the woods to lure the hunters, with so many trees their wolves would be protected from the hunter's eyes and their agility would give them the advantage of the terrain. They could weave in between the huge oaks much faster than humans and hide in the shadow of bushes and giant roots, protected from the straight paths of bullets.

The trees were their shield and their shade...

The trees! Yu thought out loud, struck by an idea.

''Guys! They are expecting a land attack! All their sides are protected; No matter if we attack from the back or from the sides we're risking our lives. So we have to attack from the one angle they didn't prepare for; above!'' Yu exclaimed in her microphone.

The boys immediately understood her idea and switched to their human form before climbing the closest tree big enough to hold their weight.

The four of them ready to attack were positioned like the four corners of a big square, waiting for the hunters to step in the center of their formation. Perched up in their trees they waited.

The hunters were headed straight for them, following the trail of blood that Taehyung's wound had left behind, before Jin came to his rescue. The two of them were headed to the shack this very moment, away from the soon to be fight.

Finally, the hunters made it to the center of the boy's formation and Yu's heart was beating so loudly she thought the enemy might hear it from the other side of the woods.

'Now's the time, Jungkook, Hoseok, you two jump down first and run in opposite directions.'' Yu said.

The two men jumped down from their position in their wolf form and started bolting, the hunters were so shocked to see them fall from the sky that it took them a moment to start shooting at the wolves. The army of hunters parted into two big groups, each going after one of the wolves.

''Jimin, Namjoon, wait for the hunters to start scattering and attack the two groups from behind.'' Yu said as the groups were finally separating.

Namjoon jumped off his hiding spot and bit the neck of a hunter clean off before Jimin imitated him, ripping another one's throat with his claws.

Both Namjoon and Jimin started attacking the back of the two groups and making significant damage until they also became targets.

This led to the two big groups splitting into four smaller ones.

One wolf alone stood no chance against the quantity of hunters that each of the four men were dealing with. Looking at the cameras, Yu noticed that Yoongi had left his post at the border of the territory and was heading towards the fight.

''I see u moving Yoongi, I'll need you to group with Jimin. The group following him is the smallest.'' Yu said in her microphone.

''Taehyung is coming to the cabin by himself, he can't run but he can walk on his own, since I took the silver bullet out of his wound. Where do you need me to go?'' Jin asked.

''Go with Yoongi and Jimin. The three of you will have to defeat that group, ambush them at the river side.'' Yu said before turning to another camera.

''I'm sorry Hoseok, I know you already ran so much and you didn't have a break but you need to keep luring your group away from the cabin, same for Jungkook. Namjoon has the most people after him and he isn't as fast as you two. Besides, I need him to help with the defense here. Namjoon, come straight to the cabin, I'm waiting for you!''

 Namjoon, come straight to the cabin, I'm waiting for you!''