Chapter 13- The Past

Stacy Knight

I felt the sun hit my face and I slowly wake up from the best sleep I've had in a long time

I felt the sun hit my face and I slowly wake up from the best sleep I've had in a long time. I cleared my vision to see that I wasn't in my room but inside a dark themed room that instantly relaxed me. It was huge and had black and gray furniture and antics.

It reminds me Triton's room back home.

"Hey...good morning" Eric came out of  a room with a towel dangerously low showing his torso and perfectly built body.

I have a feeling men do that on purpose just to tease women. Especially men built like this.

He has an 8 pack!! I wanted to look away but I couldn't..... "it's all yours" he chuckles and I was pulled out of my daze.

"Good to know" I mutter to myself turning pink.

"Heard that" he says as he makes his way into what looks like a walk in closet.

How on earth did he hear me....

I looked down at myself to see that I wasn't wearing my dress anymore, I was wearing just my panty and an oversized black shirt that reaches me mid thigh and I blush furiously.

"Don't worry I didn't do anything....I just took off your dress and put that on you" he says casual

"You what?" I ask exasperated.

He chuckles lightly "I didn't peek. I promise!" His eyebrows were lightly raised and my face heats up even more "You..."

"Woah relax I didn't touch anything. It was hard but I didn't" he puts his hand in the air in surrender. Looking almost scared.

"I'll go take a shower" I rush to the room he walked out of and locked the door.

I took a shower using his shampoo and the fact that I'll smell like him today brings a smile on my face. I opened the door slowly and checked if he's there, when I didn't see him, I came out and let out a breath "how did you not see me" Eric pops out of nowhere and I didn't even flinch "and how did you not just jump like in the movies"

"I...knew you were there" I lied

He narrows his eyes at me and take a step closer to me and I hit the wall "you're so beautiful" he whispers and connected his lips with mine in a slow kiss.

Well...it was slow at first until he deepens the kiss grabbing my hair slowly. I wrap my hands around his neck, following his lead.

Wait....my hands are around his neck!

I pull away to see my towel on the floor and my naked self standing in front of Eric. I covered my breast with my hair and Eric quickly take the towel and wrap it around my body with his red face.

"Sorry" he says looking away and I can't help but laugh. He gave me a look but I just continued laughing "what's so funny?"

"Your face is" I continue laughing pointing at his face.

"I'm sorry, I can't help but have thoughts when my girlfriend is standing naked in front of me" he rolls his eyes rather dramatically.

Girlfriend

"Yes girlfriend and yes you said that out loud" he smirks leaning against the wall.

"I've never been called a girlfriend before" I say lowly thinking about it sounded.

"I'm glad I'm the only one who'll call you girlfriend" he kisses my forehead.

"You can wear my sweat pant and shirt. They're on the bed and I'll drop you off" he says and I nod and he walked out the room.

I got dressed and went out the door with my phone and other things

"Your place is beautiful" I say looking around "Really? I thought you might not like it" he walks out with an apron that says 'kiss the chef' "yes really! It's definitely my style" I walked up to him and gave him a lingering kiss on his lips and pulled away before he could deepen it.

He raised an eyebrow "your apron" I smile innocently and he chuckles "I made pancakes and bacon"

I sat at the kitchen counter and started eating when my phone buzzed, Triton's name popping up. I haven't mentioned anything about Eric to him yet but I picked up either way.

"Hey Triton...before you say anything or get mad at me, I just want to say that sending me here wasn't actually a bad idea and I actually met someone and we're actually together now and-

"He's back bubbles" Triton says in a husky voice, making my face drop "listen to me...you already know what to do. I've sent your things and they might get to you this evening. You've prayed and waited for an opportunity to meet him again. I understand that you now have people you really care about, you have to protect them at all cost this time. We need to end this! I'll gather our best men here. You know what to do. I'll keep in touch " He says and hangs up

I drop my phone on the counter "what's wrong Stacy?!"

I look at his concerned expression and how much I can't afford to lose him or anyone. I have to protect them at any cost "I have to go Eric" I tell him getting off the counter and grabbing my stuff.

"What happened? Please tell me!" He hugged me tightly "I can't tell you right now" I hugged him back "why? Why can't you tell me Stacy?" He asked calmly caressing my hair.

I just stare at him. My eyes burned with unshed tears. He pulled me closer and whispered sweet nothings in my ear "I can't get you involved Eric. I have to protect you...I can't lose you too. Not now" I tell him in a hushed tone.

"You won't lose me Stacy but I need to know what's going on if you want to protect me" he cups my cheeks in his hands. I stare at him for awhile "I run a mafia and not just any mafia, an assassin mafia" I say quietly.

What if he rejects me after this? What if he leaves me? I never should've even allowed myself to fall for him in the first place!
————