Chapter 15- Clearing Things

1 week later

1 week later .....

"Remember what I told you Kate, don't be fooled by your opponent's weight, you can take them down using the right technique"

Kate nods her head "good now take me down" I smile at her with assurance.

"Are you kidding me?! I've been trying this whole day, I can't take it anymore" she wipes her sweat "okay okay, no one's ever taken me down anyway but I'm pretty sure you can fight off at least three men right now" I nudge her and she gives me a thumbs up silently and bends in her knees.

"I thought this was going to be fun Stacy. I can't even breath right and you look like you haven't ran a mile"

"Come on...we need to go see my brother"

"What!!! Y-your brother Triton?"

"No my sister Tritonity" I roll my eyes and gather our stuff.

"I'm not ready to meet him!" She exclaims

"Do you have to be ready to meet him?" I raise an eyebrow at her reaction.

"Yes!"

"You like him huh?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her flustered face.

"Uhm no...it's just that he can't see us like this all sweaty and stuff" she laughs nervously.

"I see"

"Right...let's go" she drags me to the car.
———

"How do I look?" Kate asked

"Like yourself?" I gave her a look

"Good" she grins widely and I gave her a disgusted look
"You know he's never liked a girl before. Not one that I know of"

She turned to me wide eyed "really?"

"Yup. Would be nice if you two get together to be honest" I tease her a little to see her reaction. Swoony Kate is definitely a si

"Right..." she says dreamily

"Ha! You like him"

"I mean it would be nice I guess. It's no big deal..pfft" she clears her throat and fans her face.

I wanted to say something but the knock on the door interrupted, making me narrow my eyes at her instead.

I walked to the door to see Triton in all black as usual with a suitcase in his left hand.

He engulfed me in a hug "I'm so glad you're okay! Even though I know you can take care of yourself" he pulls away with a smirk on his face but it soon dropped when his gaze landed on Kate.

They just stare at each other for awhile before I break the awkward silence "okayyy....Triton this is my roommate and best friend I've been telling you about, Kate. And Kate this is my bro-

"Triton! Hi" she says a little to excitedly making her olive face red in embarrassment and I let out a laugh.

"It's nice to finally meet you Kate" Triton extends his hand all while looking at her intently and Kate took it in a handshake.

"So..." I clear my throat and say in my professional voice "did you get her suit?"

"I did" Triton opens the suitcase that had Kate's suit and the weapons she got comfortable using during our very short intense training.

"Oh my goodness! That looks so cool!" She squeals and I nod at her to keep cool and she understood, she pats her hands down in a wavy motion and changing her expression to a serious one making me chuckle.

"I already gathered our best men at the moment so if he decides to strike, we'll be ready" Triton tells me and hands me a map of the lair he managed to find and setup in Florida "good...we haven't heard anything from him as of yet" I sigh

"Uhm...Stacy?" Kate got our attention

"Yes Kate" I answered without looking up from the map "a letter just came in from under the door" she points to the letter on the floor and Triton and I shared a known look of both horror and anticipation.

I walked to where the letter laid in the floor and took it. Slowly opening it, I start to read it out loud.

Hey my dear Stacy and Triton if you see this, I've missed you guys.
Too bad I won't be able to spend quality family time cause you both have to die like your dear parents and we don't have time for all that.

Your time of reign in the mafia world my sweet Stacy has unfortunately come to an end so be ready to face your dear cousin.

I have to say you did a good job keeping your identity from me. But it'll all be over soon. I promise!

Victor Knight!

I tore the letter in pieces with rage seeping out my eyes "I'm not sure he knows what he's turned me into" I mutter to Triton
"Time to show him then" he frowns.
———

I wore my suit underneath a sweat shirt and baggy pants and so did Kate. Her suit fit her perfectly like I imagined. She cut her hair lower and it made her look so hot altogether.

Triton left awhile ago to find a way to provoke my stupid cousin to stop being a coward and face us so I can reap his throat out.

"Are you ready Kate?" I ask her cause I could tell she was really nervous but she had more determination that I thought "I am!" She nods.

We walked out the building and placed the weapon box in the back seat of my car. I was about to enter the car when I heard a familiar voice call out to me.

"Eric?!" I widen my eyes in shock as he walks over to us in a casual fit.

God! I've missed him!!

"Hey...can we talk?" He asks and I could sense the urgency in his voice instead of anger like I thought, so I nodded and followed him giving Kate a nod to wait in the car.

He must be mad at me for shutting him off for a while week after our date. I want to explain everything but I really do have time to right now.

Does help my racing thoughts that he's absolutely calm and collected and not bombarding me with questions.

"Eric I really don't have time to stay and chat as much as I want-

He holds the strings of my hoody and pull my face closer to his and his lips was on mine before I could think of what's happening.

I'm only now realizing how much I missed his intoxicating kisses so I instantly melt and kiss him back with the same hunger.

We pull away, trying to catch our breath and I lean my forehead on his "I missed you" he says and kisses my forehead.

Everything came crashing in and I pull away. He gives me a confused look "what's wrong Stacy?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You need to leave Eric. Right now!" I tell him "you shouldn't see me like this"

I look away from him but I snapped my head back to him when I heard him chuckle "is something funny?" I raise my brows at him and put my hands on my hips.

"Yes actually. First of all Stacy, I'm never leaving you, no matter what situation you're in. And the fact that you think I don't know who you really are and what you really do and that you feel that you need to protect me- he smirks before continuing -makes all this very funny"

I had a confused expression trying to figure out how on earth he knows about me "but I didn't even explain anything to you"

"Stacy...I run a mafia too" he says and I freeze. Literally stopped breathing for a few seconds.

"What!!?"

—————————