Chapter 27 "Kiss me"

Eric didn't know what to think or what to feel. It felt like all the air in his lungs drained and all he could do was stare at her wide eyed.

"You promised" she repeated with furrowed eyebrows.

"I told you that, didn't I??" she was taking harsh breaths as she spoke. Looking at the man in front of her intensely, trying to find the memory of what happened after that.

Eric's hope of her actually remembering him after seeing the way she quickly remembered Kate, slowly faded but the fact that she remembered that!

"Yes baby! You said that" he gently cupped her warms cheeks in his hand.

"Can everyone please leave" she says gently but the amount of power it held was enough to have everyone out in seconds.

"I'm sorry!" She finally broke down, hugging him tightly like her life now depended on it. She felt safe enough with him to know he didn't mean her any harm. In fact she felt like she could be in his arms forever.

Eric was confused. Why was she saying sorry?

"Hey, why are you apologizing?"

"I shouldn't forget, I don't want this! I just want to remember everything!" She buried her face in his chest as the tears pour freely down her face.

"Hey, look at me" he gently pull her chin up with his thumb and index finger to get her to look at him.

"This is not your fault-" he swallowed the lump in his throat before guilt passed through his body like a bolt. The same guilt that has been rating him up inside the past year.

"...it's mine. I didn't protect you like I promised, I should've killed him the moment we saw him! None of this would've happened" he rants on while looking down.

"No....I'll lose my memory again if it means you'll be safe" she says gently

"Don't say that baby, I don't think I'll live with myself if anything happens to you again. It's been a terrible year without you...." He gulped again. The thought terrifying.

"....I can't live like that again " he looked up at her with glossy eyes as he tucks strands of hair behind her ear.

"I'll try to remember, I promise! Everything will go back to the way they were and I'll remember!" She sniffs and detach herself from him. The place suddenly felt too cold.

"It's okay. You're here and that's all that matters and I love you either way baby" he wrapped his huge arms around her again, grateful that she was awake and well and now in his arms and he didn't plan on letting her go.

Ever!
———-

"Okay... that's the last paper you need to sign. You can go home now but don't forget to take your medicine and try not to think too much about your memories, by the looks of it, you might get them back sooner than expected" the doctor smiled at Stacy as they finally did the formalities.

She was going back home.

"Guys I can walk just fine, I don't need this wheelchair" She rolls her eyes while giving the wheel chair forced upon her, a glare.

"No can do bubbles! Seat tight and relax okay?" Triton sassed back as he gave her a tight smile.

"Triton, you've been spending too much time with Kate" Eric pointed and Stacy nods in agreement at the obvious observation.

"Whatever-.....okay maybe you're right" He shrugged and Stacy laughs..full teeth and all.

Eric couldn't help but feel giddy seeing her laugh, her dimples and bright hazel eyes and the way she's biting her lips right now..