Chapter 1 - 'yeah yeah get out of here'

Stacy Knight's POV

"I did it!!!" I hugged my brother Triton as I not so skilfully run in my high heels.

"Was there ever a doubt bubbles" he hugged me back tighter and ruffles my hair. Something he does a lot.

"How does it feel being the youngest and smartest in your class hm?" He bends down even though I'm 6.0 in these heels.

"Feels pretty great" I nonchalantly brush the imaginary dust off my shoulders with my head held high.

"I'm so proud of you Stacy. I'm sure mom and dad would be too" he kisses my forehead with a sad smile.

"Thank you for being here today. As you can tell already, I have zero friends here" I laugh and he joins me while we look at everyone else taking pictures and doing other stuff friends and families do.

Can't relate.

It's been the two of us the past 7 years since our parents died.

We didn't suffer after our parents died cause they left us a fortune and the company my brother is now running. He's always been there for me. He's my only friend in the whole world...not kidding.

I got off high school at 16 and had tons of college scholarship offers in different areas but I chose business administration.

Why? I have no clue. I just love figures and now that I've actually graduated, I think I should have done math instead.

Now I'm 20 and I just want to go away for awhile...

"It's because you're a weirdo, you literally just zoned out. I mean who finishes college at 20?" He joked smacking my head.

Glaring at him, I nudged his arm "that's a good thing you know. And a bunch of people graduate at 20" I gave him an eye roll which I rarely ever do.

"I know" He smiles as we walk towards his car to head home.
————

"So what would the smartest girl in the world want for her graduation?" He asked as we walked in the house.

Oh I've been waiting for this question!

My eyes widen..

"Let me guess a new book shelf in your room?" He folds his arms and raises a brow with his signature smirk.

Damn him! I really thought I was doing something there.

"Pretty please!!" I grin and bat my lashes at him at an attempt to convince him.

He laughs and nods his head left and right "Don't make that face, you look horrifying. I got you something I think you'll love" he winked.

"What is it?" I ask excitedly looking around the room for anything that looks like a gift bag or a giant book shelf.

He reached for my hands and placed a Tesla car key in it and my attention lands on it.

"You didn't!"

"Oh yes I did bubbles"

"Oh god....I've always wanted one" I squealed and jumped in his arms, almost knocking him over.

"You deserve it sis. But...." he had a smirk on his face making my smile drop.

"But? What now?" I ask, my brows furrowing at his very sus interference.

"It's in Florida" he scratched his head avoiding eye contact.

"Florida!? What's it doing in Florida?" I ask genuinely confused because what the actual heck.

"Wait here.." he walked to his room, taking the stairs two at a time.

After a few minutes he walked out with a box in his hands and a huge grin on his face.

"Another surprise?" I raised my eyebrows

He handed me the box that had my name on it in bold. I opened the box and my mouth hanged wide open "Triton...tickets and art supplies?"

"I know how you love drawing and painting and you're so young and full of life, well in your own weird way. I want you to be yourself and have fun. That's why you're going to the art school in Florida. It's a two year's course but I know it'll be fun for you cause you seem to have no problem with hard work. And don't worry about me, you know I'll be fine" he hugged me.

"I don't know what to say....thank you so much! I promise I'll do my very best" I couldn't help the tears anymore.

"Hey..that's not entirely why you're going, you're going to live a little. Socialise and make friends. Be happy most importantly" he played with my hair.

"I'll try. When am I leaving?"

"In a week or you can postpone it and-

"A week is fine! I'll go pack my things" I ran upstairs and I heard him laughing

——————————

It's been a week that I'm my opinion went by really slow to be honest. I don't know why I'm so excited when I don't even know if I'll make any friends.

Triton is driving me to the airport. My luggage that mostly consists of books I've read and new ones, was at the back. It was heavy!

"We're here bubbles" Triton smiled widely at me

"I can see that Triton" I rolled my eyes

"You know what, I'm starting to regret my decision.....I can't handle goodbyes"

It was silent for a few seconds

"It's not goodbye dummy, I'll be back in exactly 2 years so relax plus you can visit whenever you like" I gave him a smug look

"Yeah yeah get out of here" he waved me off before smiling

"Oh come on you're not getting rid me so easily....I'll call you every single day" I kissed his right cheek

"That's if someone else doesn't take all your attention.." he pursed his lips

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You'll know bubbles. Now go before you miss your flight"

"Goodbye Triton. I love you!"

"Bye bubbles" he yelled and I glared at him for calling me that in public

Spent the next few hours in the plane going through ways of to become less awkward and less antisocial..

**

That's it for the first chapter...