Chapter 20-'They have Kate'

"What are you doing here? When did you get here? Where on earth have you been!!!?" I smack his head

"Ow! You don't hit like a girl you know" he rubs where I hit him as he takes a step back away from me.

I heard Eric clear his throat behind me and I turn around to see a frown on his face "Uhm..Noah this is my boyfriend and boss..we'll ex boss Eric Salvador and Eric, this is Noah a close friend of ours who disappeared two years ago without a word" I glare at him again.

"Your boyfriend? Since when??" Noah asked dropping his playful look into a glare and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Since a month ago" I narrow my eyes at him suspiciously.

"Hi" Eric says coldly and I notice how everyone was now staring at us in the canteen.

"Hi....Stacy can we talk?" Noah ask but still kept glaring at Eric.

"Yeah sure....Eric I'll be right back" I smile at him and he nods hesitantly before we left.
————

After our long conversation, Noah left and I head to Eric's office.

I knock and he answers "come in" but not as calm as he usually does.

He's angry.

"Hey...Uhm Noah left" I tell him but he didn't look up from his laptop.

"Sure took your time...and bubbles? Why should he call you that?" He blurts and I fight the urge to laugh.

"Well we practically grew up together and he used to call me that all the time" I explain and he huffs going back to what he was doing.

"You're not jealous of him are you?" I narrow my eyes at him with a smile.

"Him? No! You're already mine so why should I be jealous of him?" He stood up from his seat

"I don't know, you tell me" I take a step closer to him and he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out so I took another step till I'm standing extremely close to him. 

"You're right. I'm jealous" he cupped my face "because I can't stand another man touching you in anyway" he places a soft kiss on my lips and pulled me up by my waist on his desk. He gently kissed my neck and then back to my lips. My hand find it's way to his soft black hair and he groans and deepens the kiss. He squeezed my thighs and I get a weird feeling between my legs "not here" he muttered and pecked my lips.

"Huh?" I ask still a bit dazed. I could feel my getting hazy.

"Unless you want me to take you right here and now, we should stop" he smirks and I my face heats up. I stand up and straighten my dress "I'll be in my cabin if you need anything" I run to my cabin but I heard a low chuckle from him before leaving his office.

My phone buzzed to see Triton calling and I answer immediately "something's up. Come over immediately" he says and I rush to Eric's office again.

I walk in without even knocking "I have to go. Something came up and Triton wants me there immediately"

"I? You're not going alone" he says and gets up from his chair grabbing his keys.

I only nod.
————
We head straight to the lair and I couldn't help to wonder back to what happened to Victor and the weird feeling I've had since then.

"What's wrong?" I ask as soon as I walk in

I look up to see Triton with a red face and his hair looked like a mess. He wore sweats and a black t shirt "were you crying?!" I touch his face

"They have her!" He says running a hand through his hair, messing it up more than it already is.

"Who!!" I ask furiously, praying that it's not who I think it is. 

"They have Kate" he mutters and he sighs.

"Who's got her? When did it happen? How did it happen?" I yell unknowingly which took a few people by surprise.

"We got out to get lunch and I needed to get a few things from a supermarket and I told her to wait in the car and she did but when I came back, she was gone. The car door was destroyed and I could tell she fought cause I found two unconscious men on the floor but I guess there was too many of them" he sat down again.

"Who's responsible?" I say in a dangerously cold voice trying to control the anger I was feeling. 

"Uncle Kelvin, Victor's dad" Triton spat his name with venom laced in his voice.

"Apparently he's the one who pushed his son to get revenge but it turns out he's the real mastermind behind our parent's death and since we killed his only son...."

"He's fucking next for touching my best friend!"

"Hey Stacy! I came as soon as I heard what happened" Noah came running to us.

Eric gave me a look to explain why he's here "he runs a mafia too and just so we're clear he's gay and only wanted to make you jealous yesterday but we can scratch that plan now"

"Oh...okay"

"Come to think of it...you're just my type" Noah wiggled his eyebrows at Eric and he hid himself behind me like a kid.

"Guys! We have a serious situation at hand" I remind them trying me hardest not to roll my eyes at their banter.

"What do we have so far?"  I ask a worried Triton who seemed to be lost in thought. I don't blame him, I can imagine how he's feeling right now.

"He wants us to meet him, the real us and this time he has someone he can use against us" his voice went low at the end.

"Find a way to tell him we're meeting him" I say sighing not thinking straight at the moment. I'm afraid if I think straight, we might lose Kate and I don't want that.

We don't really have much of a choice either. I have to meet him if that's what he really wants. I need to save Kate, she's the only person who I've truly called a best friend my whole life and in such a short time too. I can't afford to lose her.

"What!?" The three men asked in sync.

I almost roll my eyes at that.

"You heard me. I can't let anything happen to Kate. She means way too much to me"

"Hey...I know there's nothing I could say right now to change your mind but let me help this time. I'm coming with you. I don't think I'll live if anything happens to you" Eric holds my shoulders and I hug him and let out a long breathe.

"Me too. I don't know who Kate is but I can tell she's a great deal to this family and that makes her a great deal to me too" Noah joins in with a more serious expression than earlier.

"Let's find the son of bit-

"We have something Miss Knight" Peter, one of the hackers says in his thick Nigerian accent that I really like.

"Please be strong Kate" I mutter to myself inaudibly as we enter the computer room.

——————-
Hey lovelies!
Another update!
Disclaimer: this book is going to have fight scenes and other graphic stuff as it goes on...

Please comment...I would really like to read your comments

Till the next update :)