"Why Are We Yelling?"

Summary: After a case makes Y/N and Spencer hive each other the cold shoulder, Penelope meddles to get them to make up

✧❀❀❀✧

It didn't take Penelope long to figure out that something was going on with Y/N and Spencer the moment they arrived back from their most recent case. There were no secret glances when the other wasn't looking, there were no hugs exchanged between the two and there was no communication at all. What really solidified Penelope's theory was when Y/N asked Penelope if she could spend the night with her.

"Penny, would I be able to spend the night with you?" Y/N questioned, making sure to talk loud enough so Spencer could overhear her.

Penelope's gaze flicked between the two lovers, "Of course! But why?"

"I'd rather not talk about it now if that's okay." Y/N said, wanting nothing more than to look back to Spencer but refrained herself from doing so.

"Yeah that's fine, you can tell me in your own time, or don't tell me at all. Whatever you're comfortable with." Penelope said, still occasionally glancing at Spencer who had slowed down packing his bag away for the weekend.

"Thanks, I owe you." Y/N said.

"Oh my sweet girl, you don't owe me anything." Penelope said as the two left the bullpen, leaving Spencer to stare after them.

***

Once Y/N arrived at Penelope's apartment, she headed straight to the guest room, deeming that she was tired and wanted to sleep. Penelope could easily tell that Y/N was far from tired as she could hear her crying through the walls of her apartment. Even though Penelope knocked on the door multiple times, Y/N only said that she didn't want to be bothered. Penelope left her alone after that.

From knowing Y/N and Spencer so long, Penelope easily knew that there was something going on between them. They hardly ever gave each other what appeared to be the silent treatment. After cases the two would head home together and no one would hear from them until the next time they were back at work. To say that ignoring each other was strange would be an understatement.

Ever since Penelope had known the two, they always showed their love for each other, even if it was just through gentle touches or loving glances. If it was more of a stressful case, Spencer's arms would always be securely around Y/N. Penelope just wanted to get to the source of the problem.

Picking up her phone, she dialed the number of the person she would know for definite what happened. It rang a few times before the person on the other end picked up.

"Hello?" The voice of Luke Alvez came through the phone.

"Do you know what happened between Y/N and Spencer?" Penelope asked, getting straight to the point.

"No one told you?" Luke questioned.

"No!" Penelope exclaimed, "What happened?"

She heard Luke sigh on the other end, "When we were hunting down the unsub, Y/N and Spencer headed into the house where we guessed the unsub would be," He began to explain, "Reid found him first and took off his vest, probably trying to gain some trust or something. Y/N came into the room and Reid tried to make her leave but she refused. The unsub shot at Reid and Y/N pushed him out of the way. Apparently the bullet barely missed her head."