Happy Place

Summary: After being kidnapped and tortured by an unsub, Y/N thinks of Spencer to keep her grounded

Warnings:
mentions of injury and torture.

✧❀❀❀✧

Throughout her life Y/N was always told that whenever something bad happened to her, she should go to her happy place. When she was sad, she would go to her happy place. When she was hurting, she would go to her happy place. When there was a tough case, Y/N would go to her happy place. However all these instances didn't prepare her for the torture she would soon come to endure.

She was on her way home from work early since she had finished all the work she had needed to complete. At first, she was going to wait around for Spencer so they could leave together but Spencer told her to leave since he would be staying late that night. Y/N pressed a kiss to his lips before leaving without another thought. What she didn't know was she was only half an hour away from enduring the worst pain she would ever feel.

Y/N climbed into her car, turned the radio on before driving off. She sang lightly to the radio as she drove, following the route home like the back of her hand. It was beginning to get dark and Y/N was looking forward to going home and sinking into a hot bath and relaxing. It had been a tough week with paperwork and cases so Y/N was looking forward to her day off.

There were barely any cars on the road so everything was quiet except for the radio playing softly in the background. Someone stepped out in front of Y/N's car causing her to swerve before totally stopping. She looked out of the rear view mirror and saw the person on the floor collapse. Without thinking, Y/N climbed out of the car and rushed over to the body laying in the middle of the road. The person wasn't moving which worried Y/N.

"Hey, hey, are you okay?" Y/N asked softly.

What Y/N didn't prepare for was the man rolling over and hitting her over the head with something, knocking her out cold.

***

People always say that your life flashes before your eyes when you think you're going to die, but Y/N's life was flashing before her eyes when she knew she was very much alive. Everything and everyone she had ever loved replayed in her head over and over again like clockwork. Her abductor sat across from her, watching. He hadn't done anything yet which caused Y/N to be confused.

She watched as his jaw clenched and his foot tapped on the floor, growing more and more irritated with each passing second. Everytime Y/N moved even the slightest bit, he would tap his food even more and pick at his nail beds. What Y/N didn't prepare for however, was the man lunging forward, reeling his hand back before bringing it back down to her face with a loud smack.

***

Y/N smiled over her coffee cup at Spencer who was going through countless files. She thought no one noticed but of course, someone did. Luckily it wasn't Spencer.