Worry

Summary:Y/N is extremely worried when Spencer is shot in the leg

Summary:
Y/N is extremely worried when Spencer is shot in the leg.

✧❀❀❀✧

Y/N was a high school history teacher and was happily going about her day. She had gotten through half of the day when her phone began to ring in the middle of a lesson. Taking no notice of the caller ID, she declined the call and continued teaching. Her phone rang not thirty seconds later and Y/N declined it again. Again, thirty seconds later, it rang. Y/N was going to decline it again until one of her students piped up.

"You should answer it, it could be important." Y/N looked up to face the student who spoke.

"We're in the middle of a lesson, James, I can't just answer a call, it would be unprofessional." Y/N answered.

"Why not? Remember the lesson where you just spoke to us about how amazing your boyfriend was? That would be deemed as being unprofessional Ms L/N." James stated.

Y/N shook her head with a small smile on her face. She treated her class like they were her friends but she still taught them well. It was what made her most of the students' favourite teacher.

"Fine, but none of you better tell anyone about this." She pointed a finger towards her class before answering the phone without looking at the caller ID.

"Y/N, finally." JJ's voice came through the phone.

"JJ?" Y/N said, confused as to why she was calling. She turned her back to her class and lowered her voice so her conversation will be a bit more private, "Is everyone okay?"

"It's Spence, Y/N. He got shot." JJ said.

Thoughts ran through Y/N's head. Spencer got shot. Y/N immediately thought the worst, she was imagining him laying on a hospital bed in critical condition.

"He's fine, you don't need to worry," JJ reassured once she realised that Y/N went silent, probably thinking the worst, "It was only his leg."

"Should I leave? I can get someone to cover me for the rest of the day." Y/N spoke into the phone.

"No, no stay where you are. He should be home tonight. He'll be okay, Y/N, you don't need to worry." JJ said.

"Okay, thank you JJ." Y/N replied before hanging up. She held the phone close to her chest. Even if JJ told her not to worry, Y/N couldn't help but worry. Spencer was shot and she wasn't with him right now.

"You okay, Ms L/N?" One of her students asked.

Y/N turned around with a fake smile on her face, "I'm fine, perfectly fine."

Her students looked between each other. They could all tell that she wasn't okay. The smile she gave them didn't quite reach her eyes and they could tell that she has had a drastic shift in mood.

"So where were we?" Y/N said and continued teaching, however her mind was on Spencer the entire time.

***

Later that night, Y/N was eagerly awaiting JJ to arrive with Spencer. She continuously checked her phone but no one had called her. Every car that drove past, she always jumped up thinking that it could be JJ and Spencer however it never was. As Y/N decided to try and relax and sit down on the couch, the doorbell to hers and Spencer's shared house rang. Immediately she jumped up and headed over to the front door. She opened it to reveal JJ and Spencer, who was leaning on crutches. It took all of her might to not engulf Spencer in a hug right there, she didn't want to accidentally hurt his leg.

"Thanks for bringing him home." Y/N thanked JJ as she helped Spencer to the couch.

"It was no problem and sorry for phoning in the middle of your lesson." JJ apologised.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. Do you want to come in for a coffee?" Y/N asked.

"I would love to but I should really be getting home, thanks for the offer though. Another time though." JJ smiled.

"Definitely." Y/N replied before she and Spencer bid goodbye to JJ.

Once the door was shut, Y/N turned to face Spencer, a worried expression suddenly on her face, "Are you okay? Do you need anything? I can get you whatever you want."

"Y/N, I'm okay, my leg's a little sore but that's about it." Spencer tried to reassure her.

"Are you sure? I couldn't imagine what getting shot in the leg feels like but I can't imagine it feels good." Y/N said, taking a seat next to Spencer on the couch.

"I'm fine, okay. You don't need to worry," Spencer said before taking notice of Y/N fiddling with the hem of her shirt, a habit she only did when she was nervous or worried. He reached forward and took her hand in his, rubbing his thumb along her knuckles in a comforting manner, "I'm serious. I didn't want JJ to call you because I knew you were working and you would worry."

Y/N clutched his hand a little tighter, "I was worried and I'm pretty sure my students could tell something was wrong."

"I'm sorry for worrying you." Spencer apologised.

"Spence, I don't know why you are apologising," Y/N said, "It was my fault for getting so worked up, JJ said that you were fine but I couldn't help myself but worry. When she first told me you were shot, I immediately thought the worst," Y/N shuffled a little closer to Spencer on the couch so her leg was pressed against his uninjured one, "I'm just glad you're okay, I don't know what I would have done if you weren't."

Y/N leaned up and placed a kiss at the corner of Spencer's mouth before resting her forehead lightly on his cheek and laced their fingers together. Spencer turned his head and kissed her forehead, his lips lingering.

"I'm here, you don't need to worry anymore." Spencer said.

Y/N looked up at him, "I know." She pressed her lips against Spencer's. She was glad that he was okay, even if he would be using crutches for however long, he was here and safe and that's all that mattered.

✧❀❀❀✧