Birthday Surprises

Summary: When Emily finds out that it was Spencer's 30th birthday, she has a surprise for him in the shape of his best friend, who he thought was out of the country

✧❀❀❀✧

It was Spencer's thirtieth birthday. Y/N had been out of the country for the past six months because of her job so she hadn't seen Spencer since she left. Of course they continued to stay in contact but due to very different time zones and the both of them being extremely busy, she hadn't spoken properly for a few months. Y/N was planning on returning in a few weeks but when she got a call from Emily Prentiss - that all changed.

Y/N headed on the first flight she could and headed back home. She was excited to see Spencer but was nervous at the same time. Emily had told her to head to the BAU and wait there for Emily to come and collect her. She headed to the elevator and pressed the button for the sixth floor.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, she was greeted by the sight of Emily Prentiss. Y/N stepped forward and wrapped the woman in a hug. Even if Y/N didn't work for the bAU, she was still good friends with all of them. Due to her being so close to Spencer, she had met all of his co-workers, most of the time she was asked to join them whenever they went out. Y/N was glad that Spencer's friends had accepted her.

"So, you can wait in here with the others while I go and get Spencer." Emily explained.

Once they stepped into the round table room, Y/N was taken into Penelope's arms and squeezed tightly, "I didn't know you were going to be here!" The blonde exclaimed.

"I wasn't meant to be but Emily asked me to come," Y/N explained, "I was meant to come in a few weeks."

"Well I'm glad you're here." Penelope said, finally releasing Y/N.

"How long are you going to be here?" JJ asked.

"Well I can technically do the rest of my work from home so theoretically I can stay here." Y/N explained with a smile.

"Spence would love that," JJ stated, "He's practically been talking about you non stop. When was the last time you two spoke?"

"A few months ago. We've just been too busy with our jobs and the time zones were a pain. I'm really excited to see him though."

"I bet you are." Derek smirked.

"What does that mean?" Y/N questioned looking between everyone in the room.

"Nothing." Derek replied, the smirk still evident on his face.

Y/N only shrugged before she fell into easy conversation with the others in the room. It wasn't until everyone heard Emily approaching, Spencer in tow. Everyone quieted down and aired for the door to open. Emily came in the room first. As soon as Spencer stepped through the threshold, everyone yelled surprise and a chorus of Happy Birthdays.

A wide smile immediately stretched across Spencer's face. He hadn't noticed Y/N yet who was standing just behind Penelope. JJ was the first to step forward and wrap him in a hug, followed by Rossi who pressed kisses to his cheeks. Spencer's face scrunched up slightly - to Y/N it was adorable.

Spencer's eyes scanned his friends. His eyes glossed over Y/N but he had to take a double take. At first he thought his eyes were deceiving him. Y/N wasn't meant to be there, she wasn't even meant to be in the country.

"Y/N?" Spencer said quietly.

"Hi." Y/N smiled at him and gave him a small wave.

Spencer immediately strode across the room and swept Y/N up in his arms, lifting her up off the floor. Y/N giggled quietly into his neck. Holding her in his arms felt so surreal to Spencer. After not having any physical contact for six months and not having any contact at all for the last couple, he felt an overwhelming amount of emotion. The two were so wrapped up in each other's embrace that they hadn't noticed everyone else in the room leave to give the two privacy.

After what felt like a while, Spencer planted Y/N back on her feet. His arms were still wrapped around her however. He hunched over slightly, his head burying into her neck. Y/N stood on her tiptoes and her arms were tightly wrapped around Spencer. She was feeling the way Spencer did, like an overwhelming amount of emotion had washed over her.

Y/N pulled away from the hug slightly, and placed both of her hands on Spencer's cheeks. Seeing him after being apart for months didn't feel real to her. Spencer's arms locked tightly around Y/N's waist, keeping her in place.

"I missed you." Spencer mumbled.

"I missed you two." Y/N replied, moving her hands back to their original position and playing with his hair.

"How- how long are you back for?" Spencer questioned. He was afraid of the question. He was afraid that she would leave again for months on end and he wouldn't be able to see her. Nearly everyday Spencer talked about Y/N to his co-workers and everyday he thought about her. She constantly plagued his mind.

Y/N smiled slightly, "Well I only have a bit of work to do and that can be done from here so..."

"You're staying?" Spencer said, his eyes filling with hope.

Y/N nodded. Spencer smiled once again before pressing his forehead to Y/N's, letting out a sigh of relief, "Good," He mumbled, "I don't think I could have dealt with you being gone any longer."

"You missed me that much, huh?" Y/N questioned, still playing with the hair on the top of his head.

"I did," Spencer confessed, "I thought about you everyday. I got distracted from my work at times because all I could think of was you. There were days where I wanted to get on a plane and come and see you."

Y/N lifted her forehead from Spencer's, although they were still close. There wasn't much of a gap between their faces. Y/N could feel Spencer's hot breath fan her face. Y/N closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again.

"Spencer, I thought about you everyday as well. I wanted to come back multiple times but I knew that if I did you would make me get back on the plane and slate me for choosing you over my career," Y/n said and Spencer let out a small chuckle and murmured in agreement, "But I'm back now and I'm not going anywhere."

Spencer looked at Y/N - really looked at her. In his eyes she was an incredible woman and was a big part of his life but in the months they had been apart, he had realised that he couldn't live without her. She was perfect to him. Spencer's arms pulled her closer to his body, if that were even possible.

Y/N felt herself examining Spencer, along with Spencer, she had realised that she couldn't live without him. He was always there for her and she felt a hole in her heart when he wasn't there. Y/N rested her head back on Spencer's shoulder and she could feel him bury his head into her neck.

"Happy birthday, Spencer." Y/N mumbled.

Spencer pressed a small kiss to the side of her neck and they silently swayed side to side, enjoying the feeling of their embrace.

✧❀❀❀✧