Suspicions

Summary: Y/N and Spencer have been dating for a few months and the team have their suspicions

✧❀❀❀✧

Y/N and Spencer had been seeing each other for five months now. They didn't tell the rest of the team as they wanted something that was just theirs and theirs alone - and their relationship was just that. Of course the two thought that they were being discrete and doing a pretty good job of it. At first no one suspected anything, they just looked like two best friends. However over time, the team began to realise what was going on between the two 'best friends'.

It started one morning with Y/N and Spencer arriving together. This wasn't exactly uncommon for the two since they lived quite close to one another so they either went to work together or they arrived at the same time. However, on this particular day, Penelope stopped Y/N as she exited the elevator, noticing that she was wearing the exact same thing as the day previous. This was unusual for Y/N as she would always wear a different thing everyday, whether that be just changing her top or pants - she wore a different article of clothing everyday.

Penelope questioned Y/N and her response was that her clothing was in the wash and it wouldn't be dry in time. She hastily made her exit after that encounter. The truth of the matter was that Y/N spent the night at Spencer's. He offered to head to her apartment so she could get changed but she refused as they would be late for work if they did that. So she went to work in her clothes from the previous day, hoping that no one would notice. That obviously failed. Penelope wouldn't have thought anything of this weird encounter if it wasn't for the fact that Y/N's eyes darted to the direction Spencer had walked in every few seconds.

The second time the team began to suspect something was going on between the two was when they were going through all of their paperwork, Y/N and Spencer stole a few glances toward one another. If they weren't surrounded by profilers, the looks would have just looked like two friends who caught each others eye and smiled at each other, however the team noticed the lingering looks that went on longer than they should have. From that day on, Derek and Emily had their suspicions.

The third time the team began to suspect something was on the jet coming home from a case. The flight was long and it was dark, everyone began to fall asleep one by one leaving only Y/N and Spencer awake. The two were sitting on the couch, Spencer was reading a book while Y/N rested her head on his shoulder, slowly drifting off to sleep herself. It would have looked completely innocent if the team weren't beginning to suspect something already. There were multiple times where Derek or Emily wanted to call them out on it but they made the decision to see how long it would take for one of them to admit it.

Once Y/N slowly drifted off to sleep, Spencer placed a kiss on her forehead before continuing to read his book. Of course he thought no one witnessed what his had just done, but JJ witnessed the whole thing with a smile on her face knowing that the team now had solid evidence the two were together.

It was only a couple of days later when their relationship was revealed to the whole team - even though they already knew. Y/N needed to leave work early - her mother had surprised her by coming to see her. It had been months since Y/N had last seen her mother so Hotch let the girl leave work a couple of hours early to see her. In her rush to leave, Y/N approached Spencer and planted a quick kiss on his lips and muttered a quick 'I love you' without thinking. It wasn't until she was in the elevator that she had realised what she had done. Spencer didn't exactly realise what Y/N had done until he turned around and found everyone looking at him with smirks on their faces. He felt his face heat up when Derek clapped him on the back.

"Thought you'd never tell us."

✧❀❀❀✧