Every Step of the Way

Summary: After not returning her calls, Y/N heads over to Spencer's apartment where she witnesses something she wished she hadn't

Warnings: drug use

✧❀❀❀✧

Y/N knew that there was something up with Spencer when he didn't return any of her calls. Ever since he was kidnapped and tortured by Tobias Hankle, she had been keeping a close eye on him. Every night she would call to check up on him and she would make sure he was okay every morning. Normally Spencer would return her calls or if he missed it, he would call her back. This time he didn't, which worried Y/N.

After she had called him four times and she didn't get a response, she immediately hopped in her car and drove to Spencer's apartment. It was nearly midnight but Y/N didn't care - all that mattered to her was Spencer. He could've just been sleeping or even in the shower but Y/N still wanted to check on him.

When Y/N got to Spencer's apartment, she sprinted up the many stairs. By the time she got to his apartment she was out of breath. Locating where Spencer kept his spare key, she unlocked his apartment. She stepped inside and everything was eerily silent. The shower wasn't running so that distinguished that possibility. Noticing that Spencer's bedroom door was shut, Y/N headed over to it.

She knocked on the door, "Spencer?"

There was no response.

This time she knocked a little louder, "Spencer?"

Again, no response.

If he was asleep, Y/N felt guilty about what she was about to do next. Twisting the door knob she opened his bedroom door. His room was empty - he wasn't in there. Sighing, Y/N stepped into it. His bed was still made showing that he didn't even sit on it. The bag that he was constantly using for work was thrown down by the foot of his bed. He was in here somewhere.

Approaching the bathroom door, Y/N knocked, "Spence? Are you in there? I'm sorry for intruding but I just wanted to know if you were okay."

If it wasn't so silent in his apartment, Y/N wouldn't have been able to hear it but there was a small amount of shuffling coming from inside the bathroom.

"Spence? Are you okay?" Y/N questioned but there was no response.

"I'm going to come in if that's okay?" Y/N said, her hand reaching for the door handle.

"Don't come in." Spencer mumbled from the other side of the door.

"Why not? Are you okay?" Y/N asked, her worry increasing.

"Just please, don't come in Y/N." Spencer said, his voice cracking.

"Spencer, you know that I love you and that I always respect your wishes but I'm coming in, I'm worried about you."

"Y/N, please..."

Y/N pushed open the door and found Spencer curled up on his bathroom floor, his sleeve rolled up and an empty syringe in his hand. Spencer's shoulder's shook as he cried silently.

"I told you not to come in." Spencer mumbled.

"And I did anyway," Y/N said, sitting down on the floor in front of Spencer. Gently she took the empty syringe out of his hand, placing it on the sink. Spencer watched her movements with caution, afraid that she would abandon him.

As soon as she placed the syringe on the sink, Y/N immediately wrapped Spencer in her arms. Her hand held the back of his head as the other rubbed up and down his back soothingly as he sobbed into her shoulder. Spencer's hand clung onto the fabric of Y/N's shirt tightly, afraid to let go.

"It's okay, it's okay..." Y/N whispered into his ear.

"I'm sorry..." Spencer mumbled.

"No, no, don't apologise, don't apologise." Y/N said.

Y/N couldn't tell how long they sat in the bathroom for but it had been a while. There was a dull ache in her back but she didn't care, the only thing she cared about was Spencer.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Y/N questioned, "You don't have to if you don't want to." Y/N felt Spencer shake his head and grip onto her a little tighter.

"Okay, well if you don't want to talk about it, do you just want to lay down on your bed, it's going to be a lot more comfortable than your bathroom floor?" Y/N asked and this time Spencer nodded.

Y/N helped Spencer up from the floor and he stood on shaky legs, practically all his weight was on Y/N. Once she helped him to his bed, he immediately laid down and pulled Y/N down with him, feeling safe and comforted in her embrace.

"I'm here Spence, I'm not gonna leave you." Y/N said.

For the first time, Spencer made eye contact with her. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy from where he had been crying. Y/N brought her hand up to his face and wiped his tears away. Spencer closed his eyes to savour the feeling, however once he realised that Y/N didn't remove her hands, he opened his eyes again, finding Y/N looking at him with loving eyes.

"Why are you still here?" Spencer asked.

"Because I will always be here for you Spencer," Y/N muttered, "And nothing is ever going to change that in a million years."

"I need help." Spencer said, causing Y/N's heart to break.

"And I'll be here for you every step of the way no matter what." Y/N responded.

"Thank you Y/N." Spencer said.

"There's no need to thank me, Spence," Y/N said, "Anything you need help with at any time, call me, I'll always answer."

Y/N shuffled towards Spencer on the bed and pressed a kiss against his forehead, "I love you Spencer."

"I love you too..." He mumbled as he rested his head in the crook of her neck.

"Just promise me one thing." Y/N said.

"What?"

"If you are struggling with anything, tell me because we will get you through it together." Y/N muttered against his forehead.

"I promise." Spencer said.

✧❀❀❀✧