Wish That Were Me [Two]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Summary: After staying with Y/N for longer than planned, Spencer's overwhelming urge to tell Y/N how he feels is stronger than ever. However as he comes to notice, she may just begin to feel the same.

✧❀❀❀✧

Spencer had stayed at Y/N's for longer than originally planned. He was only meant to stay for the night but two weeks down the line, he was still there. Y/N didn't mind, in fact she loved that she wasn't alone. Spencer, however, was getting nervous. Staying with Y/N for two weeks was enough for his love to grow. It all felt so domestic to him. They woke up and ate breakfast together, they went to work together, they ate dinner together. Spencer couldn't help himself but fall in love with her even more. To him it was selfish. She had just gotten out of a seven year marriage and here he was wishing that he could wake up and spend all his time with Y/N everyday.

Spencer was relaxing on her couch as she walked into the room, and an all too familiar cardigan wrapped around her shoulders.

"Hey, I stole one of your cardigans, it's a bit cold and all mine are in the wash. You're okay with it right?"

Spencer looked up at Y/N. The cardigan was too big for her causing the hem to fall down to just above her knees. The colour complimented her skin tone making her look radiant. Spencer's mouth fell open and closed trying to find the words to say. When he couldn't find them, he simply nodded. Y/N gave him a smile before slipping down on the couch next to him.

She sat crossed legged on the other end of the couch. Spencer was glad for this since he didn't want to be in an extremely close proximity to her, at least not at that moment. Clearing his throat, Spencer went back to his book, although he wasn't reading nearly as fast as before since he was slightly distracted.

Feeling a gaze on him, Spencer diverted his eyes away from the words on the page to Y/N who was looking at him with wide eyes.

"What?" Spencer questioned, repressing a grin.

"Nothing, you just look really concentrated when you read - it's cute." Y/N responded before reaching forward and grabbing the television remote from the coffee table.

Spencer felt like his heart was going to burst at that moment. The words Y/N spoke - she had no idea what effect they had on Spencer. A slight red tinge spread across his face, as much as he tried to suppress it. Spencer was embarrassed, he was nearing forty and Y/N made him feel like a teenager. He let out a quiet sigh before returning to his book, now reading at an even slower pace than before.

***

It had now been nearing three weeks since Spencer said he could stay a night at Y/N's. As much as he loved being around her, he felt like he was intruding. A lot of his clothes were now packed away in drawers in Y/N's spare bedroom and he stayed at her house even when she wasn't there. It felt as if he had moved in. Spencer had barely been back to his own apartment, only stopping by to collect clothes.