Wish That Were Me [Three]

Summary: After Spencer's discussion with Emily, he believes that he should tell Y/N the truth about his feelings

Summary: After Spencer's discussion with Emily, he believes that he should tell Y/N the truth about his feelings. However months pass before he actually plucks up the courage.

✧❀❀❀✧

Even though Spencer promised himself that he would tell Y/N how he felt, months passed and the words never came out of his mouth. Everytime he would even think about telling her, he backed out before he could even think of the right words to say. I'm in love with you. That's what he wanted to say but he had no idea how to approach the topic. For once in his life, Spencer was completely lost on what to do.

After Y/N had told the rest of the team about her divorve from James, she seemed to be a lot happier and a lot more carefree. The team hadn't really noticed it but Spencer did. He had been staying at Y/N's the majority of the time, he only stayed in his own apartment if he needed to. He knew that Y/N appreciated the company and he enjoyed staying with her all the time. Even though the two had been close ever since Y/N joined the BAU, the two had never spent so much time together outside of work.

"Oh, Spencer!" Y/N called out.

"Yeah?" He answered back, tearing his eyes away from the book he was reading.

Y/N appeared from around the corner in some jeans, a t-shirt and his cardigan. Y/N had unintentionally stolen it from him. Spencer didn't mind however, everytime she wore it (which was quite often) his heart would swell twice its size.

"I am going to the store, do you want anything?" Y/N said, standing behind the couch, "I was thinking about hosting a movie night here tomorrow, we haven't gone out as a group ina while and instead of that I thought we could enjoy a lazy night in."

Spencer threw his head against the back of it and looked up at Y/N. A smile spread across his face, "That sounds like a perfect idea."

Y/N smiled back at him, placing her hands gently on his shoulders, "So do you want anything?"

"Anything will do." Spencer replied, lifting his head up from the back of the couch. He grew flustered quickly as the feeling of her hands on his shoulders and the eye contact got too much.

Y/N, however, didn't notice Spencer's slight change in mood as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and hugged him from behind the couch, "That's great, I'll just get some snacks. I told the others to bring some of their own food as well so we can have a variety," Y/N removed her arms from around Spencer's shoulders and he immediately missed the feeling, "I'll be back in about an hour."

Spencer could feel his heart beating out of his chest. He knew he needed to tell Y/N how he felt sooner rather than later because he knew that she was going to be the death of him.

***

The next night, Spencer, Y/N, Penelope, Emily, JJ, Tara and Luke were crowded around Y/N's television, Rossi and Matt couldn't make it as Rossi had something else planned and Matt already planned to do a similar thing with his family. A film played in the background however, no one was really paying any attention to it as the group laughed and joked.