Well Kept Secrets

Summary: The team try to set Spencer up on various dates but he keeps refusing them

Summary: The team try to set Spencer up on various dates but he keeps refusing them. When he ends up in the hospital, they find out why.

✧❀❀❀✧

"Reid, come on, it will be fun." Penelope said, following him into the bullpen.

"Garcia, I appreciate your efforts on trying to get me a date but I'm really not interested." Spencer replied, placing his bag down on his desk.

This was the third time Spencer had had this conversation with Penelope that week. Despite her great attempts of setting him up on a date, Spencer wasn't interested. Every time Spencer refused, Penelope would go on a tangent about how Spencer hadn't gone out on a date in years. Spencer had learnt to tune it out by now.

"JJ," Penelope said, gaining the blonde's attention, "Tell him that he should go out on a date."

Spencer and JJ shared a look. She was the only one who knew about the reason why Spencer always refused Penelope's attempts to set him up. JJ was the only person he told as he needed all the advice he could get.

"Penelope, Spence doesn't need to go on a date if he doesn't want to." JJ said.

"I thought you were gonna be on my side," Penelope said before sighing dramatically, "This isn't over Spencer Reid."

As Penelope walked away, Spencer gave a tight lipped smile towards JJ, "Thank you." He said quietly.

"Anytime." JJ spoke before heading to her own desk.

***

The next time Penelope approached the topic they were having dinner at Rossi's. Spencer was happily sipping on his water while everyone else sipped on their alcohol talking amongst themselves. Spencer was so caught up in his own head that he was surprised when Penelope suddenly sat down next to him.

"So, I have this friend who said they would love to go out on a date with you," Penelope said, "I was thinking next week if that's good for you."

"Garcia, I really don't want to go out on a date." Spencer said.

"Why not?" She questioned, "It's been forever since you even talked about going on a date."

"I just don't want to at the moment." Spencer replied.

"You said at the moment, so does that mean that you're open to the idea of dating soon?" Penelope said, "I'm going to set you up on so many dates!"

"That's not what I meant-" By the time Spencer had finished speaking, Penelope had already hopped up from her seat and was frantically texting.

"You do know that you should tell everyone soon otherwise Penelope is going to set you up on many more dates." JJ said while taking a seat next to Spencer.

Spencer sighed, "I know that but I like having my personal life separate from my work life. When I go home it's like everything I see at work doesn't exist, it's a safe space for me. I know I should probably tell everyone but I just want something that's just to myself."