Happy Family

Summary: Y/N goes into labour while Spencer is on a case

✧❀❀❀✧

Y/N sat on her couch in the living room, hand on her stomach. She still had a week to go until her due date. Spencer was away on a case for, what they both hoped, was only a couple of days. Emily had given Spencer the option to stay and help from home but Y/N made him go, telling him that she would be fine and that Penelope was a call away.

Y/N was sure that she wouldn't need to make that call to Penelope, but later that day, she realised she did.

It was around one in the afternoon where Y/N finally braced herself to stand up to make some lunch for herself. She hauled herself up and slowly headed into the kitchen, her hand on her stomach.

"I know I love you, but you are causing me a great deal of pain here." Y/N spoke to her bump, running it soothingly.

She pulled some bread out of the cupboard to make a sandwich when she began to feel something run down her leg. Y/N knew what it was, her water just broke.

"Oh, not now, you couldn't wait a couple days." Y/N said, scrambling to get her phone off the counter.

Scrolling through her contacts until she got to Penelope, Y/N pressed the call button. It rang twice before she picked up.

"What is it? Are you okay? What do you need?" Penelope asked frantically.

"My water just broke." Y/N stated.

"Oh my God, go and sit down, I'll be there as quick as I can." She replied before hanging up the phone.

Y/N clutched onto her bump and headed back over to the couch and waited for Penelope. Y/N rubbed her bump again while resting her head against the back of the couch.

"You couldn't have picked a worse time to come, baby." Y/N spoke.

She reached to the side for her phone and called Spencer. It rang a couple times before he picked up.

"Y/N, you okay?" Spencer's voice came through the phone.

"You need to get back here now." Y/N replied.

"Why? What happened? Are you okay?" Spencer questioned, growing increasingly worried.

"I'm- I'm fine, my water just broke." Y/N stated.

"Okay, okay," Spencer stuttered, "I'll be on the first flight home."

"Good, just get here, please," Y/N responded as her front door opened, Penelope entering, "Penelope's here, I'll see you soon. I love you."

Y/N hung up the phone as Penelope rushed over to her. Y/N and Spencer had given her a key to their apartment when Y/N had first gotten pregnant incase there was any situation where Y/N needed Spencer and he wasn't around.