Chapter 25

Sam pulled up in the driveway, "What the hell" he spoke to himself as he peered out his window. He got out of his car and strolled over to Kira who was moving some giant tubs by the shed. "What are you doing?" he asked. The ground from the driveway to the shed was all torn up.

"Oh, hey Sam!" she beamed, wiping some sweat from her forehead.

He gave a concerned look, "Everything okay?" he asked, making sure she hadn't lost her mind. He let up on the texts over the past week as he assumed everything was getting better but this kind of had him a little worried.

"Everything's fine!" she reassured him with a bright smile on her face. "Here look, come check this out" she motioned for him to follow her into the shed.

Sam followed Kira into the and his eyes widened in surprise, "Wow! You completely remodeled this place! It looks absolutely incredible"

No longer just one open space, there were a few walls up to separate the areas. A bathroom in the corner and an office in the front, with a small waiting area and her massage table in the back.

"Yeah, I decided it was finally time to get my own business going. I hired some help for the inside while I have been taking care of the outside." She commented

He nodded his head, "well I'm impressed! How long do you think it will be till you open?"

She shrugged, "Probably a few months. I'm still waiting on my business license stuff to process among a few other things."

"Oh that reminds me" Sam pointed outside, "I have some stuff in my car for you. Mind if I take that into the house?"

"Sure! I'll meet you inside in just a bit" Kira replied.

Sam jogged back to his car and pulled out some boxes. He carried them in through the backdoor and set them on the kitchen counter. Realizing he got some dirt on his hands, he turned on the sink to wash hands. As he was reaching for the soap he noticed Kira's purse sitting out with the contents visible. He felt awkward looking at her stuff but something had caught his eye. He reached in purse and pulled out a small box.

Kira came in, grabbing a drink she had on the counter.

Sam turned to her. "Uhm. Do we need to talk about this...?" he asked as he held up the box

Kira spit out her drink and literally choked as she saw Sam holding up the Pregnancy Test box. "Oh my god!" she yelled out between coughs, trying to calm down, "you weren't supposed to see that"

He raised a concerned eyebrow. If she was...he had no doubt it was Bucky's. And that might be a problem considering he had some news he needed to share with her; bad news.

She shook her head. "I'm not...I'm not pregnant." she grabbed a towel and started cleaning up her mess as she continued, "I was late...Probably just due to stress."

"Oh" was all he could respond with as the room started to feel awkward.

"Well," he began, trying to ease the tension, "now that we are on the subject of Bucky."

She interrupted him, "I didn't say anything about Bucky." and now it was her turn to raise an eyebrow at him; curious as to how he would have even known

Sam gulped, "I uhh.....You know, this is not going well for me."

She crossed her arms, "Nevermind. What about Bucky?"

"Bucky..." Sam averted his eyes, gathering the will to continue, "He's been arrested."

"WHAT?!" She yelled in shock. She held her head. Arrested? He's alive at least, but what did he do? "Can't you just bail him out?" Kira blurted out.

"It's not that simple, " Sam sighed, "He was arrested by the Dora Milaje"

She put her hands out as she processed the information, "Wait, Bucky is in Wakanda?!"

Sam tilted his head looking for the words to say, "Well, not exactly Wakanda...more like a high security prison. I've already tried to plead with them. They wont let me see him nor will they disclose what he did to get arrested. I'm so sorry Kira"

Kira shook her head in disbelief as she leaned back against the counter. "Thank you" she said

Sam looked at her confused, "for what?"

She looked up at him, "For telling me. I know that wasn't easy."

There was a long pause before Sam spoke again, "Can I ask you a personal question"

"Yeah?" she replied, curious.

Sam rubbed his hand over his chin before giving in and asking, "Would you...see him again? If you could."

She looked down with a faint smile on her face. "You know, I've had a lot of time to think about that night. It was an awful sight before my eyes, but, " her eyes starting tearing up, "he saved me. And what hurt me the most was the fact that he just vanished. He didn't give me any time to process what I had been through. He never even came back to check on me, not even once."

Sam embraced her as she starting crying. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stir these emotions."

"It's okay" she sobbed as she pushed away, "the truth is. I never got to tell him how I feel. And I think he ran away because he thought I was afraid of him. But I'm not. I just needed time to process everything. Because I know in my heart that if Bucky needed me to save him, I would do anything to make sure he got out alive."

She turned around with her hand clutching at her chest. Knowing she would probably never see him again, because he was locked away, was almost as painful as not knowing where he was. But at least now she had answers...