Chapter 33

The drive was silent, much like it was before, only this time Kira wasn't asleep. She was curled up in her blanket staring out into the darkness.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Bucky asked as he glanced over at her.

"Hmm? Talk about what?" she whispered without moving

"The nightmare" he responded

Kira shook her head. She didn't want to talk about it. She just wanted it out of her head.

Bucky turned his gaze back on the road. He was worried about what Sam had said. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he triggered this.

He swallowed hard. "Kira," he asked, "did I do this to you?"

She turned her head to look at him, "Why do you think you did this?"

"Because" he took a deep breath, "I'm afraid the training may have been too much"

She pulled the blanket over to let her arm out. She reached her hand over, running it down his arm to find his hand. Their fingers interlaced as she pulled his hand to rest on the console. "Bucky, I think I'm just getting sick."

Without taking his eyes off the road, he raised their hands up and kissed the backside of her hand. "Just let me know what I can do to help" he whispered against her skin

The sun still hadn't broken through the night sky when they pulled up in the driveway. Bucky offered to carry her inside but she insisted she would be fine. He grabbed the bags as she headed inside.

Kira walked down the hallway, to their room, and into the bathroom. She leaned against the bathroom door after she shut and locked it. She had no idea what was happening but she was overwhelmed with intense urges to cry and scream. She exhaled slowly trying to calm her nerves. Maybe now was a good time to find out...

She opened the cabinet and pulled out the pregnancy test. She took the test out as she sat down on the toilet, took a deep breath, and peed on the stick. Then held the test up in front of her. The box said 'results in as fast as 1min" but she didn't have to even have to wait that long...

"Oh my gosh" she gasped.

There was a knock on the door. "Everything okay?" Bucky asked as he waited outside the bathroom.

She put the test on the counter as she redressed and washed her hands. Her body was shaking as she turned the knob to open the door for him. Bucky gave her a concerned look when she opened the door. She was just standing there speechless. His eyes scanned over her and then stopped when something caught in his peripheral vision. She gulped as he noticed the stick on the counter. Then he looked back at her, "Kira is that..."

She moved over so he could walk in

"Are you...?" he continued as he stared at the test.

"I'm pregnant," she whispered.

Bucky's hand shot up to his mouth. He was shocked. He looked back at Kira. She looked just as shocked as he did. He moved closer to her and cupped her face in his hands. "We're going to have a baby" he whispered against her lips as nd then kissed her.

Then he pulled his head back with a look of horror on his face, "Oh my god, Kira. The training." his hands moved down to her stomach, "I didn't hurt you did I?"

She couldn't help but laugh a little at his reaction, "No, you didn't hurt me."

He let out a sigh of relief, "Thank god. But I guess this explains why you aren't feeling well"

"Yeah, that would explain it" she responded

"Do you mind if I tell Sam?" Bucky asked as they walked out of the bathroom, "He was really worried when we left. Or if you want to tell him.."

"It's okay. You can call him." she reassured him.

She watched his face glow, with the biggest smile she's ever seen, as he pulled out his phone and walked down the hallway. Her hand clenched over her abdomen. She wanted to be happy but she couldn't shake this feeling. She knew deep down that the nightmare she had wasn't her dream; she was experiencing a memory from Bucky that had made its way into her mind.. Somehow this pregnancy had already started adversely affecting her body and she was terrified of what else was to come.