Chapter 5

The next morning, Kira was getting ready for work. She pulled her hair up in a tight bun, applied a little make up, and put her scrubs on. She walked out to the living room and jumped a little bit when she saw Bucky sitting on the couch. She wasn't expecting him to still be here.

He sensed her reaction and looked over at her. His brows furrowed as he observed her attire, "You're a nurse?"

She put her hand on her hip and swayed to the side, "Looks like it huh? But no. I'm actually a Massage Therapist."

He put his hands together as he placed his elbows on his knees and leaned forward, "A massage therapist? As in rubbing lotion all over someone's body...?" He squinted and shivered at the thought...He looked at her, raising an eyebrow, waiting for an explanation.

She brought her hand up to her mouth and laughed at his genuinely concerned expression , "It's not sexual. I can assure you."

He grinned at her comment. "So what do you do then?" he asked as he sat back up and ran his hand through the tips of his hair.

"Well," she walked over in the living room, "Some people use it for relaxation. Calm the nerves, release tension in the muscles. Others use it medically, to help with recovery," she glanced over at his metal arm, "Or even help with trauma."

His eyes twitched as he tensed under her gaze..

"I don't mean it in a bad way," she shook her hands out defensively. She sat down on the coffee table in front of Bucky. "I'm sure you've been doing a lot of healing up here" She pointed up to her head, "But you may have some healing that needs to occur out here too" She motioned around her body.

His eyes softened as she started to explain. He nodded slightly, acknowledging her words.

"For example. And you don't have to answer out loud," she continued, "but how long did it take you to get comfortable with a friend patting you on the shoulder. Or till you were able to accept a hug. You know..." she paused for a moment, "what about being intimate with someone"

He sat up straight with his eyes widening a bit as he soaked in her comments.

"I'm honestly not trying to make you feel bad in any way and I'm very sorry if I've made you uncomfortable," she took a deep breath, "I'm just trying to help explain that massage can be used to help reintroduce safe and positive touch."

Her phone buzzed in her pocket. "Oh shoot!" She grunted as she pulled it out of her pocket, "I am going to be late"

"Don't forget to set the alarm when you head out!" she yelled as she bolted for the garage.

Bucky took a few deep breaths and leaned back into the couch. He looked up at the ceiling and slowly brought his metal arm up above his head. He opened and closed his hand a few times. "Guess I better head out too" he mumbled as he reached for his cap and put it on his head.