Thirty-three.

Here's an extra chapter before the epilogue. I'm sad to see the book end as well. I might drag it on a little more 😭
I'm not sure yet.

Rachel in the MM.

UNEDITED!

Lilith;

"That's where you've been?! You idiot!" I cried as I laughed and playfully slapped her shoulder. My engagement ring shined under the light in the banquet. After saying yes, we kissed as everyone cheered and we were now headed to the after party.

I'm engaged to Remi.

Holy shit.

"Yes ma'am. The last eight and a half years I've been deployed in many different places after my training. I told you I would get it together." Remi grinned as she caressed my cheek. I smiled up at her and felt the tears start to well again before looking over at our families and friends who grinned widely with happy tears streaming down their faces.

"You guys were in on this, weren't you?" I asked my family. They all nodded and I looked at mommy in shock who just smiled at both of us.

"You guys look great together." She breathed. I sobbed, the overwhelming joy from her approval of us radiating through my body. I grinned up at Remi who smiled widely.

"Where have you been staying? Oh my God, you have to tell me so much-" I was interrupted by her lips pressing against mine and I melted completely into her body. I moaned softly before pulling away to see her staring down at me with an intense look as she grabbed my hand and kissed my fingertips.

"We have all the time in the world to catch up. Tonight is about you. I already have the location for the after party so I'll meet you all there." She breathed.

"You're not coming with us?" I pouted. She smiled and shook her head as she looked up at me through her lashes while massaging my hand.

"I want to change my clothes and...There's something I need to handle first. I'll meet you there."

Remi;

"Hey, stranger!" I shouted at Rachel as I walked toward her. She was staring into the beautiful view that was behind the venue. It was a lake with different colored lights surround it along with water fountains and trees. The flowers were beautifully maintained.

"Hey! Long time no see! Congratulations on the engagement." Rachel grinned as she looked up at me. I smiled and nodded before pulling her into a hug, causing her to gasp in shock. She was hesitant at first, but slowly wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my back before pulling away.

"I hear congrats are in order for you as well." I breathed as I looked over at the view she was staring at.

"Wow, so formal! The military must've really rewired you. And growth." She chuckled. I laughed with her and nodded, appreciating my time in the field and how it showed me a different side to life. After being separated from Lilly, I had decided that it was the best time for me to get myself together. I've hurt so many people and hurt myself because of things I never healed from.

I decided to join the military the night I saw Lilly. It was a few days after we were separated at my parents house and I had left without saying goodbye to my parents, because it wasn't goodbye.

It was just a time I needed to separate myself and get things in order. I shaved my head before leaving, took out my piercings and gages, packed my essentials and climbed out of my bedroom window. I walked to Lilly's house, it being late at night.

I had picked the lock that was on her balcony door and shut it quietly before stripping down to my underwear and crawling into the bed and pulling her into my arms. She didn't notice for a while, her sleeping body automatically melting into mine and clutching my body.

Then she woke up, gasping in a fright as she saw me staring down at her and pulling away as she sat up, before crying as she pulled me into her arms and holding me for dear life. We made love on every surface of her room, our mouths overlapping each other's to try and keep quiet. We also covered each other's mouths as we kept going, it just making things more intense.

It was the best sex I've ever had. I thought the Italy trip was, but that night we connected on a different level. I thanked God I used protection. I finally learned my lesson by getting cut with a glass cup across my face and ear and getting punched in the eye in the middle of a hospital waiting room.

I looked over at Rachel and sighed before smiling as she looked at me. She swallowed hard and I looked away as I felt the tears well in my eyes.

"I had some time to reflect on our relationship. I am so sorry, Rachel. I took advantage of you, and you didn't deserve any of that. I put you through a lot. A lot. And I'm so sorry." I breathed shakily as I tried to hold it together.

"Thank you for that. Seriously. You don't understand how much closure that gives me. I understand that we both lost something important to us. Our baby boy, but now that time passed and we both are getting our lives in order. It was a blessing in a way. Look at us now. Who knew? You found the one that did what I couldn't do for you, and there's no hate toward that. It's the opposite. I gained two close friends and a wife. So thank you. Thank you for being you and going through your journey the way you were supposed to. You look great, Remi. And I'm so happy for both you and Lilly. More than you could imagine."

We both stared at each other as we cried, Rachel fanning her face and pulling out a napkin to carefully clean her Face so she didn't ruin her makeup.

"You're going to be a great mother, Rachel. And thank you for taking care of Lilly while I was gone, and even before. I don't know what I would've done without you."

"Yeah, well me either." She chuckled causing me to laugh. I sniffed and smiled up at her before sighing.

"So..I have a present for you." I grinned.

"Oh, presents! You know I like me some presents, girl. What is it?" She asked enthusiastically causing me to laugh.

"So I was told you didn't have much of a honeymoon because of both your hectic work schedules."

"Oh Kellen and that big mouth! He's a cutie but boy does he talk a lot." Rachel chuckled as she rolled her eyes. I smirked and pulled out the set of keys from my pocket and handed them to her.

"I purchased a vacation home in Belize a few years ago. It's on a beautiful beach resort. Feel free to go anytime. Everything is included with it because of my military package, so no money will have to be spent."

"Oh what the hell?! Are you serious?!" Rachel suddenly sobbed as she pulled me into a hug. She cried into my shoulder and I held her as she let it all out. I knew she needed this closure. I put her through a lot and I wanted to make it up to her the best way that I could.

"You don't understand how much this means to me, Remi-Lee. You really don't. Desiree and I have been working non-stop. We're adopting our daughter and so we've been doing nothing but focusing on that. So thank you. Oh my God! She's gonna be so happy!" Rachel squealed as she jumped up and down before running off to the parking lot to tell Desiree.

I let out a breath, feeling relief wash over my body. I felt the burdens that I've carried wash away and I smiled as I looked up at the sky.

"Thank you for answering my prayers."

Lilith Anne (Urban Intelligence & blessant spin-off.) (GXG//INTERSEX\\)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara